1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mid-priced AEB!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodsbass, Dec 15, 2011.

1. I've been doing some AEB shopping lately, and have narrowed it down to a few different models (I think, you guys always seem to change my mind :rollno: )

I'm shopping for a nice sounding AEB, but would like to find one with good projection. I know that none of these will be Thunderchiefs or Aliens, but I'm not looking to spend that much money, I would also prefer new. Below are the models that I like.

Ibanez EWB30

Ibanez AEB10

Dean Exotic Quilt Ash

Fender Kingman

What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. And these!

Attached Files:

3. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    I played all of the basses you have shown. I didn't care for the Michael Kelly at all. The Ibanez EWB30 seemed to big of a body and long of a neck for my personal liking and was a lot more money. The Fender Kingman I also did not care for at all. With the Ibanez AEB 10, I played it and like it. It was a comfortable bass and was also priced pretty good. The pure acoustics on it weren't bad either. It does seem somewhat cheaply made in certain areas but for what I am using it for, I went with it. I also got a smoking deal for mine too. Normally they sell for $350.00 new and I bought mine for $220.00 new with a hardshell case so with everything, I think I got it for around $285.00 out the door or somewhere around there. It really is a good bass for the money.

4. shannons

shannons

May 29, 2007
    W. Seattle, WA
    Endorsing artist: Ampeg
    What's your price range?

5. Around the 500-600$ range, the EWB30 would be at the very top of my range.

6. To the top! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated...

7. whisper14072

whisper14072

May 16, 2008
    Grand Island
    I have the EWB205WNENT and absolutely love it. The stock strings were bad to me so I went with Elixirs... WOW what a difference. Mine is the 5 string version and they run around 5 to 600. I got mine for a steal at my local shop for $350 used... nothing wrong with it at all :)