1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Might Kill My Dog Today....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by D Bopp, May 11, 2011.

1. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Came home this afternoon to find my lovely 67 Hofner Club Bass case like this:

2011-05-11120256.

It's been sitting in the same place for over a week. Also, my dog Oscar never chews on anything.
    Yes, I know I should have put the case back in the closet, but too late for that!

Pre-Chew:
    2011-04-27211659.

And the ferocious monster that did this!

2011-04-17121823.
    2010-10-25131051.

2. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    Just be thankful it was only the case. The case is there to take the knocks for your instrument when you're not playing it.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    omnomnomnom

4. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Nov 17, 2010
    That sucks but hey, you've got to be smarter than the dog. I don't mean that maliciously; it's just reality.

5. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Nope, don't kill your dog.

6. dpbass613

dpbass613

Feb 21, 2009
    yeah just the case...no trouble here...my dogs will always be more important than my instruments...even after considering that my instruments make me $500-700 a month and my dogs cost me $500-700 a month (having overly rambuctious dogs makes for a lot of vet bills)

7. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    I had a dog pee on one of my guitars when I was younger.

But I still loved him.

8. RFord04

RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    That dog is too damn cute to be mad at... besides, now your case has more "mojo". He did you a favor ;-)

9. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    The list of things destroyed by my youngest dog:

3 pairs of shoes
    2 pairs of glasses
    1 wallet

I considered tattooing pictures of the objects destroyed on her neck, you know like WWII fighter plane kills, but thought better of it. :D

I blame myself for having left listed objects out where they could be found by curious and mischievous canine...

10. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Suggestion: New nickname - Relic Dog! He's telling you that he needs more chew toys from the big pet store on the highway.

11. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Looks like the dog did his job and the case did it's.

Next time maybe don't leave the case in reach of the dog?

12. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville

:: soda out of nose ::

13. You just reminded me that I dreamt my dog chewed part of my Pete Hilton bass. I also remember sobbing uncontrollably in the dream. Let's hope that never happens...

14. Agito

Agito

Jun 27, 2009
    A dog is the best friend you can ever have, you can be mad at him, but he will always be on your side.
    Just think about it as another memory from your dog, make it a good memory when he won't be there anymore, and unfortunately dogs don't have long lives.

15. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Eh its just a case. Value is diminished a bit but if its a keeper that shouldnt matter. Could be worse!

16. whyseye

whyseye

Mar 3, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    SO glad that it was just the case!! :eek:

Sad for your case....but don't kill the dog. Let him live, to ponder his mistake. :D

17. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey guys. Don't take me so seriously. I'm not going to actually kill, or harm my dog in any way. He is awesome and the sweetest ball of fur I have ever met.
    And like I mentioned before, I'm well aware I should have moved the case from off the ground.
    I just wanted to show the damage and hope you would get a laugh like I did.

18. Dogs rule! Cases protect. Job well done . . .

19. HeadyVan Halen

HeadyVan Halen

Jun 11, 2010
    ROAD WORN!!!!

Yuppies pay big money for gear like this.

20. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale

Take the dog for a long ride in the country ... play fetch ... throw something really far ... quick run for the car and speed off ...

:bag: