1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special Bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Arendseye7, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Arendseye7

Arendseye7

Jun 19, 2011
    Hello everyone, I'm in the process of replacing some electronics and rusted parts on my MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special '86-'87 It's the kind that Duff McKagan used. I've searched the web for days but I can't find the type of bridge they used on these. It has four screw holes (with 3/4' between the center of each drillhole), I was hoping to get the same bridge in black (the original colour), but if these are no longer being made, does anybody know of good bridge to fit this bass? Oh and it's a 4-string bass. Dimensions of the original bridge run 2' and 3 1/2'.
    Thanks in advance.

2. r_bnks

r_bnks Supporting Member

May 11, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
  3. Arendseye7

Arendseye7

Jun 19, 2011
    Yes, I like the look of the gotoh, closest to the old one :)
    To bad about the screwholes, but hey I'm probably never going to sell this bass either (being my first AND a vintage '86 - '87 ).

4. r_bnks

r_bnks Supporting Member

May 11, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    I have a '87 too. :) I think the holes aren't problem, if you really want to use it and doN't finde a 4 holes one.
    I'd change it if i'dn't have any other options.

5. bassdog

bassdog

May 23, 2005
    Atlanta, Ga
    I have one of those black bridges. I'd consider selling it but don't know the forum rules about that. Can anybody enlighten me?

Bob

6. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    What's wrong with your OEM bridge? Something mechanical, or just decorative?

I have an '87 JB Special. My bridge works fine, it's just a bit flaky looking where the black is coming off.