1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM 50's reissue P bass or Epiphone Thunderbird Pro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassmaticmatt, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Buy a 5th bass and make it a Thunderbird.

20 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Trade a Mim Precision bass for a Thunderbird.

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Stop gassing and practice.

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  4. Insert carrot option here.

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    I would personally stay away from the 50's MIM reissues. I've owned one and the neck was so unstable, plus I could not adjust it due to the truss rod being maxed. I've played other 50's MIM reissues with the same problem. It could have been a coincidence, but I stay away from those basses. I would get the new standard MIM P Bass. They feel really nice.

2. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Oops just read this one lol. I think the T Bird would be better than the 50s reissue.

3. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I have not heard anyone else reporting such issues... if this was really a thing, it would be all over this board. I'd say your personal experience can be chalked up to coincidence, misconception or maladjustment.

4. Bassmaticmatt

Bassmaticmatt

Feb 13, 2016
    Dallas
    Mine is nuts on. I never have to adjust it.

Double E likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021