1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mini Rigs of Doom-Let's see 'em!l

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by emblymouse, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Let's see your mini rigs of DOOM!

I just put together an excellent rock rig that fits in the trunk of my little Saturn. Total weight approx. 80 lbs.

• Pignose B100V is 100W of all tube goodness. Plugged in to-
    • Bag End S-15 makes for a smokin' littlle Ampeg Portaflex on steroids.
    • Add the optional GK MiroBass 12" ext. cab for more high mid clarity and...
    • My BassBone pumps up the low end on the 8 string and acts as a master volume for natural grit.

I will post a solo recording on my site as soon as everyone leaves the house so I can crank it!

2. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    [​IMG]

Pandora as a pre to a Peavey DPC1000 1 kilowatt amp to an Avatar C15 (rated of 500 watts).

3. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

Ampeg SVP-PRO
    Stewart World 2.1
    Bergantino HT115
    Fender Precision Bass

:D thumpin' goodness ...
    gig-7.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    [​IMG]

this thing fills a 400 person room. It's amazing!

5. emblymouse

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Wow, a 4-10" @ 58LBS. I had no idea...

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Since when does a 4x10 cab and a 3 space rack qualify as "mini?" :confused:

Light|? Sure. Impressive? Certainly. Mini? Hardly.

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    This might qualify...

Walkabout head with a Bag End D12X-D (2x12 with coaxial horn).

8. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

my sentiments exactly.

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Back when that head came out I almost built the same rig! I was going to use a birch S15 like my old one though.

10. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    Some sweet little rigs here, guys... you guys are making me GAS for a Bag End S15 or something similar... y'all that play 15s by their lonesome (emblymouse, lug, and David) how does it hold up on the gig? What would be too much for it, without PA support? Just curious.

11. Pako

Pako Are we having fun yet?

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
  12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    woo

hoo

;)

epifanirig.

13. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    bah,

em-mouse's got a S-15 and 12" in his setup, which IME kicks as much as a 4x10. tho, the epi 4x10 kicks like one mother of a mule. :D

ironically, IME, the epi 4x10 weighs probably LESS than most of the other "mini" rigs here!

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice switch ;)

15. emblymouse

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    I know it's all relative, but my first gig w/ the Bag End was outdoors right on the concrete. I was only pumping 260 soild state SWR watts and I was smiling. I can't speak for other 15 cabs this small, but the S15 will take anything you throw at it power-wise. I used to run 2 of the bigger BE15's in a bi-amp system (back when others were totin' the load) and I am still satisfied with the quality of lows out of this little guy. It won't massage butts in a big room on it's own though, just the first 2 rows.

16. Ill have my mini rig by mid week :)

17. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, what is it?

18. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    The VL208 is a dense little booger, and the lows show it.:)
    VL208_JO5_Focus2.

19. 1200 watts into the 4ohm 1212L (two twelves and a horn). Not much bigger than most 112's, and about the loudest, punchiest small rig I've ever experienced (and I've tried them all:eek: ). The Walter 'widens' up the sound of the 1212L... it's quite balanced sounding and just crazy '410 loud'. Not a huge low end, but a punchy one that is very useable and 'musical' on the gig. The only small rig I've ever been able to use with success in a relatively large room with a loud band and no PA support :bassist:

minirig.

20. Pako

Pako Are we having fun yet?

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    Cool rigs so far guys...., don't know if I'd consider a 4x10 a mini but it's all relative....and I guess I'm pushing it with the rack on top of the mini berg stack so it's all good. Between this thread and the Stereo right thread, how many of you guys have enough mini-stuff to make a mini stereo rig? A couple IP112's would be cool, eh?

Any ways... keep 'em coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.