1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mirrored Double Precision Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kombi, Jan 3, 2012.

1. kombi

kombi

Jan 3, 2011
    Germany
    Hi,

I used the search and found a "Double Precision Club" but that's not really what I was going for, also there are many self-modified basses in there... Do you know any basses that have double precision pickups (preferably mirrored) by stock?

For example: one like this (Warwick Stryker):
    [​IMG]

I'm not going to intend to buy one right now, so I don't care about price at the moment. But It'd be nice to get an overview...

Thanks guys!

2. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    Some SD Curlee basses were set up this way.

3. Energy

Energy

Jun 20, 2006
    Germany
    I've seen some double P BC-Riches, and a friend of mine has an old Hondo neck-through bass with double P.

4. Fender precision elite and BC Rich mockingbird are the only ones I know of.

5. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    According to this fellow the Fender elite has two regular P-pickups, not a mirrored pair.

6. kombi

kombi

Jan 3, 2011
    Germany
    PBESBG2.

:eek:

7. Godfather

Godfather

Feb 4, 2001
    Like this one?

Attached Files:

8. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    IME, it's not a great idea to run them in the 'mirrored' locations with the two D & G string pickups being so close together. running both pickups at the same time causes alot of phasing on the D &G, whereas the E & A strings don't, since they're spaced further apart.