1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modded Steinberger

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rocinante_x1, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    Okay, first off, this is pretty damn funny.... you have to watch it to understand why. but the steinberger in this video has two jazz pickups installed really closely together like a humbucker. it looks pretty good. I KNOW its not the actual bass i hear, but youll see why...

2. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    Why were you listening to this song? Nice bass though.

3. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    hahahahahaha ska.

4. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    I thought it was pretty damn funny.

5. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    That's not a Steinberger - looks like a Kramer Duke Steinberger copy. They came out around the time the real 'Berger came out in the mid to late eighties.

duke.

6. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

That's pretty scary!

It looks like my 1980 Kramer Duke (seen here on the right in this "family" photo) -

BassFamily-002.

7. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Beards.
    lol I saw this vid last week, showed it to all my friends. Bass is nifty, song is killer. The backup singers make it for me

8. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    No doubt about it, that IS a Kramer Duke. It was my first brand-new bass. I remember ordering it-man was I excited!
    It was as close as I could get to an original Steiny while I was going to college and using most of my work-study $$ to buy beer!

It had an aluminum neck and dang!! Was that a cold neck to play. Obviously as stable as anything but I hated taking it anywhere during the winter in my unheated 73 Ford Maverick. :help:
    I pretty much needed to put it under a heatlamp for about 20 minutes before it could be played without fear of my hand sticking to it!