1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modified '81 l-2000E !!!! I want to cry!!!

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Ricky Caboverde, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1981-G-L-L-2000E-Leo-Fenders-Best-A-workhorse_W0QQitemZ160282836615QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160282836615&_trkparms=72%3A570|39%3A1|66%3A3|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
    Does this actually belong to anyone here?....."more flexible"??!!!!
    :crying:
    Why!!! This is heresy:rollno:

I know that an owner has the right to modify his gear to his needs...but why this one :(...

2. I'm not a huge G&L fan(although I like them well enough), but I've seen much worse.

3. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I have to agree... the bass was already a refin when he got it, so it's fair game (and I kinda like his green refin results!). I occasionally considered a blend pot mod myself when I owned L2K's, but never actually tried it.

4. Caimanson

Caimanson

Dec 2, 2007
    Apart from the finish I actually think the electronics mod is terrific, gives you even more options.

5. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Well, I've seen worse, too. In fact, the Molly Hatchet bass is on its way here. i guess they do their mods with chainsaws in north Florida...that green one is downright salvageable, but definitely has a 'military' look.

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I'd hit it. I don't see anything wrong with its playablity. Just a better wiring job and a few non original parts, so who cares?

At least he didn't try to turn this into a teardrop shape L2000. ;)