Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus jazz tuners?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I'll be getting an older Modulus jazz neck soon and want to replace the chrome tuners with black - anybody know what fits on these necks?
    - thanks

2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Nobody has a clue? I'll mail you a coconut or something...

3. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    Modulus uses Gotoh GB7 tuners (that they have custom made with the Modulus logo). I know you can pick them up from Warmoth.

4. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    thanks for the reply. You must be talking about Q5's or Q6's - I'm pretty sure they use different tuners on their jazz necks? I should get it any day but I'm starting to think they're some weird Grovers...

5. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    mine has GB7s with the modulus logo on them... now lets talk about that coconut...

6. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    My VJ4 has the same Gotoh tuners as my Quantum. I've never seen a Modulus that had different tuners. I guess if it's one of the old Basstar necks, those may have had larger clover style tuners. If that's the case, I would guess Schallers would work.

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    thanks guys - virtual coconuts telepathically sent :)