1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mono Double Bass Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG] - NEW!' started by spaceaceofbass, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Okay...so I totally drank the Kool-Aid last weekend and blew part of my summer bonus on the Mono double bass case. So far, the Kool-Aid has been delicious.

My goal with this bag is to combine it with a Tick 2.0 and Pedalboard Lite to have a setup that fits entirely on my back.

Has anyone else used this setup? Any regrets with the Mono bags? Bonus points if you use this exact setup.

2. jeffb28451

jeffb28451 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Leland NC
    Have other bags. Love my double and sleeve Monos.

3. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    I use a Mono double and tick (1.0?) with nano for all my gigs. Best double bag I've ever seen. Mine are mismatched colors, but the tick matches my original Vertigo.

4. When you say a nano, do you mean a Pedaltrain nano? If so, is it the most recent one? I just bought one and I thought it may be too big.

5. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Yes, the Pedaltrain. It's the shorter Nano not the Nano+, if that helps. Fits great.

6. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Don’t have the double MONO, but I do have two singles. And two Ticks. No regrets whatever. The best bags money can buy, IMHO.

spaceaceofbass likes this.
  7. Awesome, looks like I may just need the Tick! Got one ordered and will know once it arrives!

Burwabit likes this.
  8. Tnavis

Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I have the Mono M80 dual, and love it. I thought about getting the Tick, but I generally have more stuff than will fit in it, so I just carry a separate bag. The one caveat with the dual is that it's pretty heavy when loaded with two basses (depending on the basses, of course), but with the backpack straps it distributes the weight very well. I knew that I was getting a well reviewed, sturdy bag, but I was still surprised at how well built it is. Even on gigs/rehearsals where I just bring one bass, I still usually use the M80, because it's such great protection. Oh, second caveat. I use a big honking GruvGear 4inch wide solo strap, and there really isn't a great place to put it other in the case compartment with the bass. I've got another decent gig bag that came with my Godin that I used previous to getting the Mono, and it had an awesome "strap pouch" that fit it nicely (also held three beers).

TheBear likes this.
  9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Didn't know the Tick existed until just now, but I want one.

10. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Bought a pre-loved Mono Double here on TB. Exactly what I wanted and great protection. Don't have the Tick and typically don’t fill the pockets to the brim, since I have a backpack for incidentals and want to keep the weight at a minimum.
    9482366C-5E9E-48BA-98D4-6655DF24B258.jpeg

jhb138 likes this.
  11. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Whoa... Does anybody make a gig bag that explicitly has beer holder compartments?!?! I would totally buy one of those!

spaceaceofbass and Tnavis like this.
  12. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Yes, an insulated cooler pocket! I’m in.

Bob_Ross likes this.
  13. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    I must have an older Dual because mine does not have the D-rings for attaching a Tick. Could be something to verify.
    My Mono Single is "Tick-capable" and I like that setup.

14. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I don't use it often but I do have a Mono Dual. I really like that it has two completely separate zippered compartments for the two basses. That way you can take one out while the other remains safely zipped up inside the bag without having to be careful that it doesn't slip out and fall accidentally.

Bob_Ross and Burwabit like this.
  15. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    This is what made me trade out my iGig double for a Mono. Much better design.

spaceaceofbass likes this.
  16. I couldn't agree more. Nice that I can just leave my backup bass in the bag when I am not using it.

Burwabit likes this.
  17. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    I have a mono double and while it does offer the best protection to the 2 instruments, I wish it had a bigger pouch for storage....so I guess a tick is in my future

18. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    I've had the Mono M80 Dual Bass for several years and also the M80 Electric Guitar and the M80 Vertigo Guitar. All have the Thick D Rings. Have to admit that I was tempted to buy the Tick, but never made it happen cause the price was too much for such bag.

I'm not using the M80 Dual Bass often, but still glad I bought one. Never regret buying the bag, cause there were times that I needed to carry 2 basses.

19. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    Mono M80 dbl is the best I've found yet. Igig, Incase Dub, Undercover, the Mono beats em all. Wish the pocket was a little bigger, but it works for me.

20. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Thread drift: It was only after I started bringing two basses with me to every gig/rehearsal -- thanks to the convenience of a double gig bag -- that my chops on fretless improved significantly. Prior to that I would only bring the fretless if I "needed" it. But once I got a double gig bag I would bring it all the time, which gave me the luxury of being able to say "Hmm, I wonder how this tune would sound if I played it on fretless bass?" and then voila! pretty soon i was playing my fretless bass orders of magnitude more frequently, and I got better at it.

ppiluk likes this.