1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Mono Double Bass Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by spaceaceofbass, Aug 3, 2018.

1. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    Ironically, I never use the double gig bag for actual gigs - just rehearsal and audition transport.
    Actual gigs get hard cases - too many people, too much alcohol, too much gear in the truck...

2. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    I have several Mono Bags and love them and have been using the double for many years...No issues.

3. Kevan Campbell

Kevan Campbell Bergantino Artist, Vibe9 IEM Artist Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Does anyone know if the Mono gigbags are waterproof? Would love to have a double gigbag for my two Sadowsky basses but with Central Texa weather being what it is I’m concerned about rain.

4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Yes, they’re waterproof

ppiluk and TheBear like this.
  5. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    I wouldn't be concerned about them being exposed to rain on a walk from the car to the venue.
    But I also wouldn't trust mine to withstand continued exposure to soaking rain or being left in a puddle - fabric and zippers have their limits...

When a watch capable of withstanding immersion to 100 meters must be described as 'water-resistant,' 'water proof' is quite a high bar.
    An ATA case such as a Hardigg, SKB, or Pelican with pressure-equalizing O-ring seals is probably as "highly water resistant" as you're likely to see.
    There are some very new polymer double road cases that are getting good reviews but I've never seen one in person.
    Anything with that level of protection is likely to be heavy and expensive...

We get heavy rains here in PA, and I'm not worried about the contents of any of my Mono cases getting harmed during 'reasonable' exposure.

Bob_Ross and TheBear like this.
  6. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    I can attest to the fact that Mono cases are very resistant to water. I’ve been caught in the open during a torrential downpour with my Vertigo for 20 minutes. I was soaked to the skin, but no water got into the bag at all. I wouldn’t toss my Vertigo in a swimming pool, but as far as rain goes I wouldn’t worry.

ppiluk and Bob_Ross like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021