Mooer Red Truck (or any multi effects)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CarmenWilliams, May 31, 2018.

1. CarmenWilliams

CarmenWilliams

May 18, 2018
    I'm looking for a good multi effects pedal. I've tried the Tech 21 Fly Rig and honestly didn't care for it.
    I like the brand Mooer but wasn't sure if anyone has tried the Red Truck on bass?
    Any other good multi effects suggestions?

What about the new ISP Beta Bass DSP (BETA BASS DSP™ - ISP TechnologiesISP Technologies)

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  2. Not really helping concerning these two, but since the ISP isn't really the cheapest solution, try out the HX Effects from Line6. The thread in this forum speaks for itself.

3. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    It really depends which effects on the device matter to you. There are a few flyrig inspired devices out at the moment (valeton dapper, ISP Beta, Trace Elliot B transit, red truck, NUX Cerberus). They aren't really designed to be an everyday multi-effect device, more a "get in, play, get out quickly without carrying much gear" device.

For budget-friendly, proper multi-effect unit, you can't do much worse than either the Zoom b3n or the Boss GT1b. Both offer a wealth of effects and are easy to use.

Top end, there's the Helix. A number of bassists are using these now and love them. Line 6 has been very careful to show us bassists some love. I'm hoping now that Yamaha (line 6's parent company) has bought Ampeg, there'll be even more bass effect models in a future update.

There's not a lot that comes to mind between I'm afraid other than older Boss and Line6 units and the new Helix HX (which doesn't have any amp sim). Otherwise, a small board with individual 'nano' pedals may suit you better.

Last edited: May 31, 2018