1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mosquitos

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bluesblaster, Jun 4, 2014.

1. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Mosquitos uh !!! good gawd ya'll what are they good for ???

they're absolutly vicisious this year in my neighborhood

2. Absolutely nothin' Hunghhhhh! We had so much snow this past winter (7 months worth) and have had just as much precip this spring that they're already starting to show up in large numbers here.

3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    mosquito's?!! around here they are the least of my problems. i just plucked two hungry ticks off of me five minutes ago! last month i found lizards under my shirt twice in one week! they love human body heat on the chiily days, obviously. :eek:
    so bring on your wimpy ol' skeeterz... :beaver:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  4. I'll see your tick and raise you a horsefly.

pacojas likes this.
  5. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

6. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Dirty critters...

7. Birds like them...

8. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Tiny little gnats buzzing your head, your nostrils and your eyes are worse.

embellisher and pacojas like this.
  9. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Blood sucking vermin. Kind of like divorce attorneys and phlebotomists.

nukes_da_bass likes this.
  10. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Mosquitos can suck it!

11. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    ticks can carry lyme disease, I use to live in so. florida so those lizards never really bothered me and gnats were a nuisance unless you had your trusty bottle of skin so soft, however the king of flying pain in the butt is the Horse Fly, bar none. Hate those damn things

edpal, Tbone76 and pacojas like this.
  12. Word of advice. You'll see the thermacell mosquito repellers in stores.... don't waste your money. they're worthless. the mosquitoes will land ON the unit when it's on. though they do make nice hand warmers. stick with the deep woods off or other bug repelling spray of choice.

13. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    Band camp 2012, sir. The horrors.

14. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Ancient tales of antiquity always feel so epic.

15. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Bat food and fish food. I built a waterfall and fish pond in my back yard - those two things take care of most of the mosquitos.

16. bass_case

bass_case Maintain low tones. Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Miami, FL
    Skeeters here in FL can suck, but I'll take a swarm of them over the "yaller flies," no repellent works and they know how to find that one square inch of unprotected skin.

17. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    Lightbulb, fan and a screen - 1-2 lbs of bugs to feed the chickens in the morning.

18. Ironbar

Ironbar Banned

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    I don't know where you live, but here in the NW, I've had very good success using this product every Summer: http://www.mosquitobarrier.com/

If you do use it, one tip I will give you is to strain the liquid through some cheesecloth in order to eliminate the larger bits of garlic that will clog up your garden sprayer. Other than that, mix it up in the proportion they indicate, and then use your garden sprayer to spray it on EVERYTHING. Viola! Your entire property has now become an enormous mosquito barrier!

19. samson3382

samson3382

Apr 26, 2009
    Boise, Idaho
    I've got some sort of brown and white flying beetle in my backyard, about the size of a match head. hurts like a horsefly but doesn't leave a mark.

20. Speaking of lizards, I'm not too crazy about 'em. Yup, they eat bugs but they're also really attracted to the energy field around 120v AC. I had one climb into my pool heater and crawl across one 120v terminal and a 24v terminal. He shorted my 120v AC through his body causing the current to bypass the transformer and go directly to the 24v side to the control board. In a split second he fried the control panel PCB of my pool heater so I can't heat my pool until I buy another $400 control panel for it. One lizard, $400 damage.

Lizards can be as much a problem as any other pest, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using TalkBass mobile app