Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Most Embarrassing Cd you ever bought

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by danshee, Jun 23, 2004.

1. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    All right guys, let's let the skeletons out of the closet. Come clean and don't be ashamed. What is the lamest Cd or tape ( depending on your generation) that you ever purchased. I'll start things off by listing mine below( please don't laugh...I'm sensitive :crying: ).

M.C. Hammer
    Vanilla Ice - What's it like....havin' a Roni? ***?:scowl:

My wife at one point in our marriage bought.....HANSON's MMMMMbop single! Ha Ha HA Ha Ha:eyebrow:
    Oh yeah, no laughing.

2. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Limp bizzzzzzkit in da hizzouse. I bought 3 dollar bill ya'll or whatever it is called and I still feel shame to this day.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Me too. I guess I don't have faith....

I also bought a cd called Dragonlord. I hate it.

1) play nothing special
    2) set keyboards to "spooky"
    3) play keyboards really load, but also slow and use the same 3 notes over and over.

I bought Raffi for my kids at the same time I was buying Opeth's Still Life for myself. The clerk laughed at me.

4. ...

Spice Girls... Spice World *ducks and goes into fetal position*

5. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm not sure why but your 1.2.3. was insanely hilarious to me, thanks for perking up my morning. :D

6. The official Sailor Moon soundtrack for my Daughter.
    Bon Jovi "New Jersey" for my Wifey
    Wierd Al Yankovic "In 3D" for Moi.

yup. Taste went full South on that one.

7. i FOUND a poison cd one day when i was drinking in santa cruz.... that night, the nelson brothers were playing a free show on the beach. i got them to sign it.

i'm actually pretty happy with all my cd's. but the first time i listened to madonna trying to rap on that one communist looking album, i felt true shame. "i'm doing pilattes and checking out the hotties" oh man.

8. Hmm, I think I have a New Kids on the Block tape around somewhere, but that shouldn't count since I would've been in like grade 3... right? :rollno:

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Similar experience as Blisshead.

I bought Rod Stewart for my mother, and Napalm Death for my brother. The clerk laughed, and told me I'd won him $5, as the employees had a running weekly contest of "strangest purchase" and white-boy motown and grindcore won that week.

I've bought no records I'm embarrassed of. There's some I have to explain, but non I'm straight up embarrassed about... like Limp Bizkit - 3 Dollar Bill Y'all

10. +1 Don't know what I was thinkin...

11. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Eminem - The Eminem Show

What? I like it.

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well then, it's not that embarrassing, is it?

13. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    No, I suppose not... but it's a fact I conceal when hanging around with the metal crew :D

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ah, concealment albums. I have those, like Sugar Ray - Fly.

15. odie

odie Supporting Member

Melissa Etheridge(sp?) I swear it was for the Mrs'. :bag: I also bought Inflames- Reroute to Remain that trip.

16. odie

odie Supporting Member

Even though I enjoy this thread in OT. Their hasnt been to many las of late...oh well.

Off to Recordings.

17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Happy to be of service. :cool:

18. BenderR

BenderR

Jun 1, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop

19. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    For some reason, that is the only album Wherehouse Music will not buy back from me. I think I got that album out of one of those 12 CDs for 1 cent deals, and I needed one more CD in the catalogue...
    Otherwise, most of the albums I have represent some phase I've gone through, and I don't feel embarassed about any of them (made the same error as everybody else with Limp Bizkit). The juxtaposition of Blur and the Get Up Kids amongst Cannibal Corpse, Origin, Cryptopsy, and co. often warrants an explanation though.

20. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    I can't think of any embaressing CD's... So I guess I'm good :)