1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

most versatile pickup configuration..

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mollin man, Mar 22, 2006.

1. i'm in the process of building pickups for a custom 6 string i'm building and was wondering as to what sort of pickups to build.

i play mostly rock and some metal (when required:rolleyes: ) but have recently taken an intrest in jazz too and would like to have something versitile enough to cover them all, perhaps not perfectly but a close approximation...

i will most likely be using an agular OBP - 3 preamp on this thing too.

thanks in advance,
    Mollin Man.

*edit* i've been leaning towards a j/j configuration myself but i'm worried about hum.

2. J/J

:hyper:

3. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    get split coil js. all the fun of js, less the noise of singles. or just get a set of villex singles. cos theyre super rad. and noiseless

4. thanks! does anybody have a pic of the windings of a split coil j? if i see it, i can wind it my self.. (which was my plan all along)

5. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Check out the Lindy Fralin Website. I believe they have some photos of the windings.

6. thanks again