Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD 535 COMING SOON!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Senor SQUID, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I can't wait thanks GARD, Grasshopper & Beaver!!!

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    You have been getting too many new basses. It was not too long ago that you posted that new Roscoe.

Slow down. You're making some of us jealous (well, me, anyways :p )

Pics when you get it!! ;)

3. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Congrats, Joey. Can't wait until you post pics! :cool:

-Art

4. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I work over 70 hours a week!!!

5. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    OMG!! :cool:

What a collection! MTD, Roscoe, whats next?......

......Fodera? ;)

Very nice!
    -Art

6. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Maybe one day. I will not be purchasing any more basses for a while. I have no more GAS!!

7. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Man, I bet that MTD is going to be killer. 70 hours a week, whew! You earned it, for sure :cool: .

Bass-wise I'm gas-free too. I'm working on putting together my 'Dream Amp' (which is another board), I should be there by the end of next spring. Unless I find a vintage SVT, my gear-hounding will be finished for awhile.

Plus I'm having an antique piano restored for my daughters.

Enjoy the '535, -Art

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    OK, even the guys at BC are now getting jealous of Joey's collection!!!!

:mad:

:D

....I heard 'hopper takin' care of ya today, sorry I couldn't get on the phone, but someone else was bendin' my ear about something else (can't remember what it was, but it was a LOOOONNNNGGGG call, that I remember! :) ).

That bass is SCHA-WHEAT!

Very nice compliment to the Roscoe. :cool:

Get wet this afternoon???? What were they running off LI today? I heard the radio report here, they were 3'-5' and choppy at New Smyrna this morning.

:D

9. mjw

mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    Congrats Joey! You're gonna love that bass. Looks like Gard did it again! ;) (He's good at that!)

I've STILL got GAS for a fretless 535, myself. (Someday Gard, someday.....!)

Welcome to the "535 club"! :)

10. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
  11. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Joey,

welcome to the MTD club. you'll really enjoy that bass, and it will be a cool alternative to your Roscoe. I know that it's gonna really sing through your Aguilar rig! Enjoy!!!

:bassist: :hyper: :bassist: :eyebrow:

12. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Waves were pretty small, however, I own a 9'6" longboard so I can ride all of em. One more week and it will be mine all mine HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I have been waiting about 8 years to join the MTD club and now I am a very proud member!

13. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Joe,

Congrats on the MTD!

So...I guess you decided against the other Roscoe....It was really nice.

I'm so digging the Lakland I got from you.
    Thanks again for the great deal!

Call me when you get the MTD...I would love to hear what you think of it.

Later,

Rob

Oh...How was your kids party?

14. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Do mine eyes deceive me, or are the pickup covers and knobs some kind of wood?!

Course, I got bad eyes, and that photo is tiny.

Sweet regardless, enjoy!

15. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Holy balls Joey, now I'm jealous! I've been looking at getting a MTD 535 for a few years now and I keep telling myself to just buy one, and I end up buying something else that is a little less expensive. If I just would have bought one to begin with, it would have saved me money in the long run. When I do buy one, it's going to have a Wenge neck/fb for sure and I'm surprised you didn't go for that too being that you like Warwicks so much.

Enjoy!

16. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Yeah I decided that I always wanted and MTD 535 so
    I said to myself, Self just get the MTD. I am :) that you like the LAKLAND that bass rocks!! The pickups and knobs are not wood just a tiny pic, sorry!

17. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I too always bought basses that were a little less expensive than the MTD so I decided to save myself money in the long run and just buy one. Compared to my ROSCOE I realize that I really don't care for WARWICKS(baseball bats) anymore. When you play other basses you begin to realize that there are other basses out there that play and feel much better and are built with much better quality control. Just like your ROSCOE and F BASS. Plus I love the sound of a maple neck!

18. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    I still have the Streamer Stage II and love it completely but the Roscoe and F is great, I just wish I would have taken the plunge on the MTD but then again, if I did, I wouldn't have had what I do now. Anyway, I happy for you and I'm sure you will love it to death. How can you go wrong? I really like the Spalt Maple/Ash w/Wenge/Wenge 535 that Bass Central has.

19. mjw

mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    Speaking of wooden knobs on an MTD, I had Roger from THG Knobs make a custom set for mine. They're wenge with Paduak top art and match perfect. I guess I'll need to drag out the ole camera. :)

20. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Great bass JOEY..hope you keep her for a long time :bassist: