1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Multi effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by subhomoy mitra, Mar 28, 2013.

1. subhomoy mitra

subhomoy mitra

Sep 12, 2011
    yes
    I use a vt bass deluxe, a crybaby and a boss geb7. I am not that into effects but want a multi effects for a few portions in some of our songs. Some good chorus, delay, flanger and phaser. Could you suggest a good small multieffects for live purpose.

2. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Zoom B3. I hear nothing but awesome out of this pedal. Never worked with one myself but most rave aboit it. Thats if you into the muli processor stuff. I dont dig em that much BUT, I would give the B3 a spin if I had the chance after what I hear on TB.

3. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    And its only around $200 which is another plus.

4. Weshunter413

Weshunter413

May 6, 2009
    Hickory NC
    Love my B3 so much I bought a second to chain together and now I have a VT Deluxe showing up today to add in as well. I can get a great SVT tone from the B3s but I would love to use the VT for the SVT and use the B3s for tone shaping. I can say this much, the B3 has the most natural bass sounds I've ever heard from a Multi.

Wes

5. Weshunter413

Weshunter413

May 6, 2009
    Hickory NC
    Also the bast part of the B3 is EVERYTHING is blendable. And the dry signal is very close to the natural bass sound. Sounds like a good buffer instead of a digital signal.

6. subhomoy mitra

subhomoy mitra

Sep 12, 2011
    yes
    What about the zoom b2?

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

It's an average effect box. Sounds ok. Not in the same league as the B3.

8. .
    +1 for the B3

9. jtwill

jtwill

Mar 6, 2012
    Love my B3, great amp sounds and very decent stomp effects. I use it live and as my practice rig, get one!

10. slobake

slobake resident ... something

Just got a Zoom B3 on Saturday afternoon. Only had about a half hour to try it out before playing live on Sunday morning. One of the patches had some Compression, an overdrive pedal and an SVT amp. I loved the way it sounded with my GK MB115 and Precision. Played it in church on Sunday morning with that patch and everybody in the band loved the tone. Oh, except for one of our singers but she liked it becuase it's red. Can't wait to spend more time with it.
    One question. I set all my tone controls at 12 o'clock. That way I am not adding or rolling off any of the tones. Is that the best way to approach it?

11. subhomoy mitra

subhomoy mitra

Sep 12, 2011
    yes
    Loving the response on the zoom b3. But anyone aware of how the line6 m5 is as an addition to my pedalboard?

12. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    +1 on the zoom b3. I own one and it sounds totally awesome. I have sound samples of the zoom b3 if you like to know how it sounds. here's the link.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

Feel free to check it out.

13. subhomoy mitra

subhomoy mitra

Sep 12, 2011
    yes
    What about the new zoom ms 60b? Or maybe the vox stomplab 1b? Any idea regarding these?

14. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    M5 is a solid pedal. Some of the effects are fantastic (delays, octaver, modulations, pitch shifting), some aren't (distortions, envelope filter, compression). B3 gives you the option to use multiple effects at once which is never a bad thing.