1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Musicians Friend 20% off

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by McCalister999, Oct 3, 2009.

1. I just got a coupon in the mail from Musicians Friend for 20% off any order for the month of October, so I figured I'd pass along the good deal. Coupon code is OCT20%, and it says you can redeem it as many times as you want for October.

2. bui

bui

Feb 24, 2009
    Texas
    Awesome! Is this online, or phone only? Thanks for the info...I never seem to get these coupons.

3. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Doesn't work.

4. +1....doesnt work

5. Doesn't work for me either.

6. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    It's a call-in coupon only. You can't use it online.

7. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    It works! Just used it to get a 62 reissue sunburst jazz that is classified as a condition 1 used for $1055!!!

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Are there any brands that are excluded?

9. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    coupon doesn't say so. I looked for the usual guitar center esque 20 brand name list of exceptions.

10. Brad Hanback

Brad Hanback Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2007
    North Alabama
    MF was out of the VT bass pedal but zZounds beat the MF 20% offer so I got the pedal from them for $115 shipped. I guess you could say it worked for me in both places.

11. Does this include clearance too?

12. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello. When I called them today, I learned that this coupon code
    • can be used to buy any item on their website
    • cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (such as "will beat any price")
    • will generally result in the best price compared to anything (including their other offers and competitors' prices)
    • will make me feel bad for "overpaying" the "good price" I got on a new Millennia TD-1 three weeks ago :rollno:
    • but will make me feel good for compensating by getting a great price on a new Eventide Eclipse now. :help:
    If you have the cash, go get 'em.

Snaxster

P.S. - Thanks to the OP for sharing this deal!

13. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    doesn't work for me even logging in and going to secure checkout I get the following:

Sorry, this coupon appears invalid. Please try retyping your coupon number. If you still receive errors, please call customer service at 800-391-8762.

Hopefully calling will work.

14. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
  15. Just got a used "Condition 1" (i.e., like new customer return) LM III for $422 using this code!

16. Dang it all. I was going to try to get that one!

That is... as soon as I convinced my wife that I don't have any sort of gear buying illness... :rolleyes:

17. kgkgkg

kgkgkg

Sep 29, 2009
    Brilliant! Thank you so much for spreading the word. It works great as a call-in.

18. rjgonzales

rjgonzales

Aug 19, 2009
    Austin
    Works on backordered stuff too! I just bought a Gallien-Krueger MB-210 for $489 and some change...due to ship 11-6.

Thanks!

19. I just got an GK MB-115 for $329 at GC out the door. :hyper:

20. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    Excellent plan. Just did the same.

New toys good!