1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mutilated Rick on Evil Bay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Sep 21, 2008.

1. GregShadoan

GregShadoan

Sep 1, 2008
    Oregon
    600 is a bit much considering the amount of work involved in restoring it. However, if the person bidding/buying it just wants it as is, the parts alone are worth the 600.
    If I got it, I would cut away the wings, have new ones made, righty, and fix the headstock. Alot of work, but any RIC under 700-800 is a rare find these days. It might be a good chance to make a quasi-C64 or something.

2. Toronto Bassist

Toronto Bassist

Jan 9, 2008
    Toronto
    Actually, I think he did play bass with Thunderclap Newman.

Anyways...

3. I'd buy it for $50, and take it to a luthier. I'm sure it could be patched up, and painted over with a solid color, so you couldn't see the damage.

4. It looks like it got curbstomped after getting attacked by jaws

5. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    If that was a right handed bass I would buy it and convert it to a 5 string bass.

6. Obviously,the damage was done by one'a them low-down dirty LEFTYs. :ninja:

But really, looks like the job of a jilted lover or crazed bandmate (I hate your effects pedals - AHHHHHHH!!!!!).

Really a shame.

7. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    Someone swung that thing against a concrete step or something. It's crap . . . wouldn't even bother to buy for parts.

8. Angersmoothy

Angersmoothy

Sep 24, 2008
    I saw this the other day and almost cried :crying:

9. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    I was surprised nobody said it sooner :p

10. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    It looks like someone/something found Rics to be delicious. I'm getting hungry looking at my bass...

11. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    LOL +1000

I don't mean to laugh but thats funny!! LOL

12. KPAX

KPAX Banned

Mar 22, 2005
    Guys, I used to work making Rickenbackers. Their factory is called Electro Stringed Instruments. It used to be on Kilson in Santa Ana CA. It may have moved since.
    Anyways, the raw instruments (unsanded wood, frets and binding) would come into our building (prep, finish, assembly) and fairly frequently one would have big clear amber spots where the saws had ripped out a chunk and they patched it with epoxy. Those instruments got painted solid colors (black, white, blue). The point is, with tape, epoxy and sandpaper, you can replace those missing chunks.
    Another point is to buy a natural or fireglow if you don't want a woodshop patch job.

13. saxofunk

saxofunk

Jul 25, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    So the auction ended with 5 bids and a sale price of $736.77. Somebody got a Jaws bass.

14. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    It looks like a dog knawed on it.....