MXR M-80?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Magical_Max, May 5, 2005.

1. Apologies if this has been posted before but does anyone here have any MXR M-80 audio samples.. I did do a search but it came up with reviews of the pedal but no audio samples..

any help most apreciated...
  2. I'm working on it. My gear is at a friends house and he is out of town right now. I'll have one posted soon I hope. I have not seen any others posted though.
  3. This probably doesn't help much, but the basic gist of the M80 sound is kinda like a Pro-Co Rat, with more low-end and less upper harmonic content.

You can dial in a Rat sound nicely, it does lose some of the sizzle though.

Distortion is pretty buzzy though, it can do a reasonable emulation of a cranked tube amp, but only when you blend a subtle amount of the buzz in.

Even with my dissing (I used one for years but sold it recently due to underuse) it's a pretty damn good pedal for bass. It's more aggressive and adjustable than the Sansamp too I felt.

Someone was posting samples a while back I seem to remember...maybe Blisshead (from memory he is/was an M80 exponent).
  4. Ok thanks very much, if you could post some samples eventually that would be cool.. :D
  5. I will. It's at my soon to be ex-guitar players house and I am trying to organize a trip over to get my PA, bass rig, guitar rig, 8 track, 4 instruments, mics... etc... etc... all in one swoop as he does not know it's going to happen yet. Unfortunate really. But I don't want anything to go missing once he finds out that I'm tired of him standing me up for practice. Hopefully in the next week or so.
  6. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    Tried it once, I found the distortion a bit lifeless unless qui blended a serious amount of clean to it.
  7. Good luck on that gear taking back mission, thats quite a plan. :ninja: Are you planning on taking a large van to take all this on one go or an army of smaller cars from fellow band members/bassists? Or just some sort of distraction method?

Look forward to the samples. If it all comes out in one piece. :D
  8. An SUV. It's been done with this gear before. I hate doing it... but you gotta do what you gotta do! I'm just going to show up and say "Hey man! Thanks for flaking out on me. I'm gonna grab my gear now... have a nice life". I'll post a new thread when I get it set up.