MY band is falling apart

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by mattmcnewf, Aug 22, 2004.

1. mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    This summer i have noticed more and more that my band is falling apart. We have just lost momentum after only a year and a half of being together.
    Our last two gigs were horriblle. We didn't get sound checks had to play with horribles mixs on stage. our singer/guitarists could't stay on time or in key. I was just bored and very angry for being made to play first. There are no new gigs coming up until christmas.
    The creative side of our band is also getting borning. We are getting fed up with the limitations of being a three peace. We were plainning to record in september but can't now cause my computers toast.
    MY drummers fed up with being in a band that gets no respect because our guitarists can't sing. My guitarist is getting annoyed with playing rock music. We hates not being able to hear his vocals because the drummer plays to loud, hes mad at our drummer skipping pratices with no notice wasting our time. I have givin up on playing at shows and Jamming is starting to seem like a chore. It also gets really annoying when i have to leave my gear at my drummers during the weekdays because i can't get rides back and forth.
    So does anyone have any adive or stories?
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Sorry, its over. move on.
  3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Meet up someplace (without gear) and try to talk it over, tell your frustrations, discuss those problems and try to find some sollution, try to find out the degree of motivation, wether there is still a point in having the band or not, if this ends up in kicking out a bandmember, so be it...if this doesn't help, I think it is time to explore new musical horizons.
  4. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Yeah, the point for a talk between members has arrived, from personal experience, and my previous band got into a VERY similar scenery to the one you're describing, maybe its better just to move on, but hey, things happen, bad gigs can really put a band down, if you guys manage to get a show that goes smooth it will be highly motivating. :)
  5. Sounds like you guys have outgrown each other musically, It happens, make yourself happy and play with guys that inspire you.
  6. discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    time to take your ball, go home and find some new players. it's tough when a band falls apart b/c of all the time put in but there are lots of people out there looking to make good music...go out and find them! good luck...
  7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    don't forget, a good bassplayer is hard to find, so you shouldn't have that much of a problem finding a new band.
  8. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I am at a similar place with one of my projects. Put a fork in it because it's done!
  9. mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    Ah far has finding a better band its highly unlikely were all the seconds best muscians in our school the others are in a rival band. We Also work well together. We were hoping for a good show this fall until resently when we found out that the only good venue has had its prices double becuz of government cutbacks. As far as the talking me and the guitarist have been talking alot lately our drummer has told a mutaul friend he was gonna quick but hes to fakely to confront