1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My DIY fuzzes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BritPicker, Jul 11, 2012.

1. BritPicker

BritPicker

Apr 20, 2009
    Videos for the prototypes two fuzzes that I have recently built. I made the vids to communicate my ideas to another diy-builder. We are hoping to put them into production and sell them at gigs and some of the trendy city markets locally.

I'm posting them here, for some feedback from the bass-community.

What we are aiming for is high quality but cheap pedals. Not making them expensive with posh paint jobs, passing the saving on to the player.

If you saw pedals for sale that were like these, comparable in sound to other 'boutique' pedals, but with zero paint jobs, just labels for knobs, but at 1/2 to 1/3 the price, would you buy?

Many thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppDvLGfmUMc&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhQwZeoQA-w&feature=context-cha

2. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    Are they clones or Original circuits?

3. VTheHTyphoon

VTheHTyphoon

May 4, 2010
    I love the Brain Science Fuzz, I think the Super Bazz Fuzz adds a tad too much noise, but I absolutely love the "This Pedal Kills Hippies" sticker

4. BritPicker

BritPicker

Apr 20, 2009
    The Super Bazz Fuzz is a combination of 3 circuits with some additions and refinements. See the info on the video for more.

The Brian Science Fuzz is a highly modified version of a certain fuzz-face derivative. changed and additional components. It's debatable on when something stops being a clone and becomes an original.

5. BritPicker

BritPicker

Apr 20, 2009
    Do you mean hiss or sonic mayhem?

I should say that these demos are through a wee practice amp. Through my rig it sounds a lot beefier.

Thanks for the love of the sticker. My band got into a fight with a hippie band once (they started it, honest) so that's the idea behind it.

6. btbraden

btbraden

Sep 9, 2005
    Oroville, CA
    like the fuzzs, do you have a schematic or vero layout for the brain science?

7. BritPicker

BritPicker

Apr 20, 2009
    I don't have a final schematic for either of them yet, they are still being tweaked, some of the changes aren't even documented yet, haha. I will need to look at the final pedal when drawing up the schematic, there's been dozens of refinements.

When I do the final thing I'll post it here.

8. btbraden

btbraden

Sep 9, 2005
    Oroville, CA
    how come i can't pm you? do you have any finished ones you would sell now?

9. BritPicker

BritPicker

Apr 20, 2009
    I don't right now, but that's what I'm wanting to do!