1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new and first Cort GB74

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by luke1978, Sep 29, 2013.

1. luke1978

luke1978

Sep 29, 2013
    italy
    Dear all,

I'm happy to have joined this forum.
    I have a first question... just boughtmy first bass guitar, a cort gb74 open pore. Somebody can explain me the use of the differents controls on my board? I identified the volume switch, the first one from left, then I'm a little bit lost, in particular regarding the 3 way switches (2) and the last volume switch in the right (looks like a double control).
    Thanks for your help,
    Bye

2. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
  3. luke1978

luke1978

Sep 29, 2013
    italy
    Yeah, thanks, something like to use the single coil or the full humbucker...
    Still I'm not able to understand the "double and co-axial" volume switch to the very right.

Thanks anyway,
    Ciao

4. martpr72

martpr72

Feb 1, 2014
    Hi
    I've just bought a GB74 and need some help with the controls too! I've looked at the above link and think I know what's happening with each knob but need confirmation!

So far I've assumed(guessed!) that as I look down on the bass the one bottom right controls the bridge pickup (turning to left fully is fully on), and the control above that (bottom left of the four as I look down) is the neck pickup????

I'm learning to slap and pop - so any advice to help me 'find' the best tone for funk would be appreciated!

thanks,
    Martyn