1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new custom P/MM 5 string KOCA bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Berk Evren, Apr 26, 2017.

1. After a long research & even a longer decision period, my custom bass project is finally finished and i wanted to share the joy with you :)

I already have a G&L L-2500 (2 humbuckers) and a Ibanez SR-1405 (2 single coil pickups) so i wanted a P/MM configuration.

I really liked Delano pickups and preamp; very clean and powerful and also very good chosen frequencies on the eq, no noticeable volume differences between active/passive.

Thanks to luthier Erdem Koca, the neck is very fast and easy to play, the fretwork and finish is amazing, also the B string is very tight and useful, better than my other 2 basses. It weights 4.2 kg (9.25 pounds).

Specs:
    Body: Honduras Mahogany
    Top: Flame Maple / Cocobolo
    Neck: 5 piece Wenge (with Carbon Fiber Rods)
    Fretboard: Ebony
    Nut: Warwick Just A Nut III
    Frets: Warwick Bell Bronze Frets
    Bridge Pickup: Delano MC 5 FE/J
    Neck Pickup: Delano PMVC 5 FE/M2
    Preamp: Delano Sonar 3 MS/E
    Tuners: Hipshot Ultralite
    Bridge: Hipshot A Style Brass (17mm)

- Mid Frequency Select switch
    - Series / Parallel / Single Coil switch
    - Active / Passive (Push-Pull)

* Made by talented luthier Erdem Koca.
    (He currently lives in Istanbul/Turkey but he will move to USA soon)
    You can check his awesome work;
    Erdem Koca Guitars
    Erdem Koca Guitars (@erdemkocaguitars) • Instagram photos and videos

Koca-bass-1.jpg Koca-bass-2.jpg Koca-bass-3.jpg Koca-bass-4.jpg Koca-bass-5.jpg Koca-bass-6.jpg Koca-bass-7.jpg

DaveAceofBass and Dark Horse like this.
  2. Doner Designs

Doner Designs Steve Doner Gold Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Metro Chicago Area
    Doner Designs is an alias for Steve Doner
    That is beautiful! The thumbs don't blow up to full size - might be worth editing the post to include full size photos for something as sexy as that...at least for a couple of the main shots.

The woods are amazing and I love the sandwich look. I also like that you have reverse P - in my opinion, it's the one thing Leo got wrong.

I have not tried it, but have heard that Delano makes one of the best sounding MM pickups out there.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Berk Evren likes this.
  3. It's strange cause thumbs work in my browser but here are the full size photos :) And yes i think reverse P is better ;)

Koca-bass-1.jpg Koca-bass-2.jpg Koca-bass-3.jpg Koca-bass-4.jpg Koca-bass-5.jpg Koca-bass-6.jpg Koca-bass-7.jpg