1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new GB :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Russ_H, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Russ_H

Russ_H

Sep 14, 2008
    New delivery - I have always loved Larry Graham's white bass so I decided to apply that spin to a new build of mine, a GB Spitfire 5 courtesy of Bernie Goodfellow at GB Guitars (GB Guitars by Bernie Goodfellow)

It's super lightweight (made from tulip wood with rock wood maple through neck) which makes it a breeze for long gigs, with the cool all white finish with blue LEDs. (This one also has the sound to light unit - see the demos on the GB website to see what you mean)

OK, so it's not the bass you take to every gig but I've found a few suitable gigs for it... including an Elvis tribute band :p

6242249346_7364b443be_z.
    6242249350_4855e98520.
    6242249348_f02444f03d.

spitfire_gallery58.

Super happy... what do you guys reckon?!

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I dig that bass. Nice!

3. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I think it's awesome! Congrats!! Nice to see basses that are a bit "outside of the box" in terms of finish.

Play it well!!

4. Swampman Cory

Swampman Cory

Nov 9, 2009
    Los Angeles / ex-Michigan
    Endorsing Artist: Reunion Blues, 64 Audio, Mesa Engineering
    Oh, wow. Cool!

5. That bass is freaking sweet!!!! I also love the look of Larry's white moon bass!! I have thought about refinishing (ok would not have to do anything to the body) of a CV or VM Jazz to get the look! Paint the headstock to match the body. I like the white fretboard on your neck. Not sure how I would do that though.

6. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Very cool. I would definately rock that bass!

7. Russ_H

Russ_H

Sep 14, 2008
    Cheers! :)

8. Russ_H

Russ_H

Sep 14, 2008
    Better pic -

[​IMG]

9. CORBS

CORBS

Dec 28, 2010
    That is one sexy bass. is it Vol, vol, toggle, bass mid treble, with the switch for switching between XLR and standard outputs?

10. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I'd think the switch is for the fretboard LED's.

11. Oh. My. God. That thing is awesome. The blue LED's just push it way over the top.

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Like cool all day & night!

13. Russ_H

Russ_H

Sep 14, 2008
    Volume, pan, treble, mid, bass and series/parallel switch. The black rotary knob is for selecting the sound to light LED patterns. Go to GB Guitars by Bernie Goodfellow - GB Guitars Demonstrations and scroll down to the video entitled "GB DSP Sound-to-Light unit".

The 5 pin jack socket is the phantom power for LEDs, signal and preamp. The standard jack is so you can use the bass with a standard jack - in which case, the power is provided by the batteries onboard. (4 PP9s, 2 for circuit, 2 for LEDs and sound to light controller)

14. Russ_H

Russ_H

Sep 14, 2008
    Blue LEDs over the top? Well, of course, it was designed to be an over the top stage bass! :p

It's defo a bass where you have to think about whether it is suitable for gig that you are doing!

15. barks

barks

Jan 21, 2004
    Derby, UK
    I have seen this bass and it is even better looking in the flesh. Plus it plays and sounds fabulous too of course.

16. This has been added to my list :0
    I want.... no no no.....
    Need one to exist!!!!!!
    No lie:)

17. Russ_H

Russ_H

Sep 14, 2008
    Hey Barks! You figured out what Birdy's new toy is yet?!

18. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Diggin the LED's off the white fretboard

19. I could care less what gig it'd be. I'd rock that mutha anyway.:bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist:

Yes,the bass is worth that many :bassist:'s!!!