Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My quest to become as emo as possible.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Toasted, May 19, 2004.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I know its inherently wrong to care about being emo, cause thats not emo in itself, which in itself is a misnomer.

Ive downloaded some whiney guitar music. I know girls hate me. Ive washed all the gel out of my hair. I have some tight jeans and some black tshirts... what else can i do.

What can i do next people of TB? i need to become as emo as is humanly possible. (i exept being vegan from being emo - just just like meat too much)

(if some of you didnt notice, i am 1/2 taking the piss here but i really am trying to pic up tips)

Lookie - this is my new favourite smilie > :crying:

2. Get into an emo band. And play a lot of local shows.

Instant grand high emo whiny bastard child.

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Make incredibly insipid, un-inspired, annoying music. Then, look to Ashton Kutcher for all your fashion needs.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think being over dramatic would help too.

5. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Nautical star tattoos on your forearms, and buddy-holley glasses.

No self-respecting emo kid would be without them.

Also, get yourself an acoustic guitar or a cheap strat copy and remember: Emo is passive-aggressive music. sad verses, angry but resigned choruses.

Keep hope alive, brother. :bawl:

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    *OH GOD NO* :crying: :crying: :crying:

here... what about if i write some poetry too?

ehrm...

"the entrance to my heart is like a derelict moor land path,
    seldom travelled and covered in sheep poo"

oh yeah, putting my english major to good use here.

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Is sheep poo emo?

I'm confused. :(

Just get a tighter t-shirt that shows of your nipples. That should do it.

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
  9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Right on, that will really help in your transformation.

10. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I was thinking these:

[​IMG]

Losing the beer belly would probably help. It seems most emo guys are either really built and model-looking, or really emaciated looking.

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Its not that bad... im just a few pounds over weight. s'not really a beer belly, ive jsut got a complex about it. how emo.

12. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    OK at the risk of sounding out of touch (and old) I gotta say that I'm not real sure what this emo thing is.
    Could someone please explain to me just what it is and maybe give examples? Maybe even bands that fall under the emo category.
    Hell, I could be emo and not even know it. :eek:

I doubt it someone would have told me about my emo-ness by now.

13. You definately need the emo glasses, you can't be emo unless you have the glasses. Complain about how everyone is holding you down. When people ask you why you listen to emo, tell them how well it relates to your situation, like getting dumped or being picked on in school. Cover classic motown songs in whiney vocals and emo riffs. Get an obscure hair cut that seperates you from everyone else (even though a million other teens have the same hair cut). And last, wear old school vans, that is emo to the max.

14. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    http://nothingnice.com/

Read, and then understand. This punk guy had it out for emo since the beginning. Favorite quote, at an emo band concert, "Hey you, up there on stage, secreting teen angst! Less talk, more rock, Crybaby!"

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think posting the dumbest thread of the day on TB really works against your emo quest though.

brad cook

16. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    No it doesn't. Emo's dumb, so it all works out. :D

17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    How to be emo:

Be a totally be the biggest p*ssy, pseudo-intellectual sympathy whore you can be... and add dark words to your vocab like "Abyss" and "Sanctuary".

Emo kids suck

18. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Mike, that's a bit more wannabe goth. To be emo, you need to listen to dashboard confessional all the time. Then you have to have a blog about you're life's troubles and struggling through high school. Then you need to talk about how you'd be much better off if this one girl would just like you and go out with you. You need to wear some tight pants, and wear plain black t-shirts all the time too. Wear some boxers on top of briefs. Put pictures on your wall of places, but not people (except for altoid ads).

19. Dashboard Confessional if you're under 18. over 18, you gotta listen to Embrace (and be very adamant that they're the 'original emo')

I love Embrace, myself...... but i'm not emo.

oh, woe is me.....

20. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I must be Emo. Emo is the mind killer, Emo is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my Emo, I will permit it to pass over me and through me, and when it is gone I will turn my inner eye to see its path. When Emo is gone, there will be nothing, only I will remain.