1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

N.A.D. Hybrid Genz-Benz / Acoustic Image

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by rickwolff, Aug 7, 2017.

1. rickwolff

rickwolff SOLD For Sale: Headway EDB-2 HE $260 Supporting Member

I'm a long time GB user. I recently traded my Shuttle 3.0 8t for a 6.2 head.

A couple weeks ago I acquired a used Acoustic Image extension cab. I'm really loving it, partly because it reproduces my bass down to 40hz at -3 db.

The new 6.2 head arrived today and I removed the blank covers from the cab (that cover up where the AI head would go) and I installed the GB head.

So far I have tried it with both my Ischell and my Lifeline direct to the amp and it sounds great. I'm going to sit in tonight and will get a real world test.

Paging @sevenyearsdown

GenzBenz AI Hybrid.jpg

2. Jay Corwin

Jay Corwin Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    That looks sexy Rick.

rickwolff likes this.
  3. Head seems to fit perfectly!

4. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    the a.i. cabs are great! low sensitivity but they sound so even, clean, and clear.

5. rickwolff

I brought the new 'hybrid' amp to a 'sit in' gig tonight. Decided to bring the EDB-2 to celebrate the new silent volume pots (no more static). I ended up rolling off the second and third EQ knob and boosting the 4th and 5th. My bass sounded awesome. I love the rich fundamental on the low notes. Yup, it's all about that bass, about that bass, about that bass........

I had the Lifeline in channel 1 and the Ischell in channel two. The Ischell sounded better so I only used that.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Ric Vice likes this.
  6. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri

7. rickwolff

Hi Ric, I always use the 9volt on the Xjack. I think I might have replaced the battery once - it lasts forever (unplug it when not in use to cut battery drain).

I once tried comparing the 9v Xjack with the 18 volt on the XLR and I couldn't hear a difference. I've not tried it with 48 volts but in a very rare (for me) moment I'm going with the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' attitude and just using the XJack.

8. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    From what I've read in the Ischell thread, the pickup run very reliably on a wide range of voltages. That's a plus. Running the 18v phantom on the EDB-2 really uses up the battery reserves.

Ric

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021