Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nahas Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Does anyone know if Nahas cabinets have a website or email address? I couldn't track one down, nor if there are any dealers that stock their cabs.

2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...calling Brad Johnson...

~S~

3. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I contacted Nahas about cabs last year, he replied that he was no longer making bass cabs. Not sure what he's up to now. That might have changed, but AFAIK he's out of production.

4. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...hmmm. That's strange. I know he did it sparingly & if true, it's quite a shame due to his quality built cabs for a very decent price.

~S~

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I guess that would explain why I couldn't find any dealer info :meh:

6. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I found his email address in one of Brad's old posts:

ntntsound@aol.com

Guess it wouldn't hurt to toss a note to him.

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    it's a real shame to hear that he doesn't make cabs any longer. I'd bet that one of his 112's with a 115 on the bottom would be the cat's meow. I'm sure Brad can fill us in.

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I believe that's the exact stack that Brad brought to the TB GTG down in VA last summer. Sounded fantastic with a Thunderfunk on top.

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    You should hear it when it's angry;)

Last I heard Joey wasn't building for the general public. I'll see if I can reach him. Still my favorite cabs.

There's a used 1-12 tiltback and a couple of other cabs at Atomic Music in College Park, MD.

10. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Just spoke with Joey. He's building again, bass and pa cabs. Because of the issues he'd had with some customers underpowering and/or blowing up drivers, he's currently selling his cabs unloaded. I drive my 1-15/1-12 setup with a 400w amp and haven't heard anything near distress with them.

If this works for you, great.

In the past he used Eminence Delta and Kappa Pro drivers and he's looking at others to spec his cabs on. I have a Delta Pro 15 and a Kappa 12 and love my little big rig.

I have a 400w EVM Mesa Boogie Black Shadow 15" driver looking for a good home so looks like I'll be bugging him to come up with something even cooler than he already has for me;). I've been tossing around the idea of a collapsible cab, along the lines of the Amplified Music Products XB-15 I have, only lots more portable. It'd be nivce to carry two 1-15 cabs on the passenger seat of the Miata... instead of just one:D

Joey's email address is Joeynahas839@hotmail.com

11. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wow, thanks for the info Brad! Do you happen to remember the price of the used 1x12 (I was looking for 1x12s in particular).

12. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Just spoke with Matt at Atomic (301 474-5752). $279 is their bottom line price. They were asking $299.

It's a front ported cab, a little larger than my rear ported 1-12.

BTW I have no commercial connection to Atomic other than hanging out way too much and taking advantage of some killer deals when they pop up.

BTW pt 2 I have no commerical connection with Joey, rather a friendly one and as a very satisfied customer. It's like owning a potato gun that shoots a mile... you just want to tell everyone about it;)

13. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hmmmmm..........I wonder about pulling the speaker, crossover and horn in my Berg HT112 and having them put in a bigger cab.

14. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md

What would be the desired result? What would become of the carcass?

15. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I feel that the Berg horn and crossover are the best that I've heard. However, the 112 cab is very small and lacks the low end that I've had in the past with something like the Epifani 112NYC cabs. I'd love to find something that's the best of both worlds.

16. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Brad have any pictures on the cabs? :hyper:

17. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Here's a side shot... the Nahas are stacked, the other cab is a Bag End S15-D.

Front shot: I've since painted the baffle boards black on both cabs.

Attached Files:

18. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    I love that rig. Brad I was concerned that you had dumped your rig when I saw the 112 and Bag End 15 at Atomic !! Thank goodness you did not.

I'll be in touch with Joe. Thanks for the info !!

--Vinnie

19. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    What's up, Vinnie:D

I still check everything else out cab-wise and I'm still happy with this rig. Very happy.