1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Natural Blonde

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by kerrycares, Mar 15, 2008.

1. kerrycares

kerrycares Lover of God, People , Music and Bass Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Michigan
    just picked up the new SWR natural blonde today.
    great amp , almost too many features but i can't find a cover.
    i use it with my old carved Juzek and David Gage Realist.
    i use the -10 pad and there is great tone without feedback.
    i was getting major feed back with my other rigs.
    the snap off dolly/wheel are great and it features a mike input with phantom power.
    i highly recommend it.

Peace

Kerry

2. proby

proby

May 30, 2008
    Milan, Italy
    I had my SWR Natural Blonde for 3 months, one of the first ones imported into Italy. Great amp, I use it with my Yamaha Electric Double Bass SLB-100 and with a acoustic cort fretless bass but also works well with my Jazz and Precision basses. When I need more volume, I kept my Ampeg B" combo that I connect to the SWR getting a REAL good body of volume.... Only thing I cannot master yet is the back speaker control...... but overall a very good piece of gear !.... Love and Music..... Roby

3. Wow! I've been searching high and low through the Internet for someone with experience with the Natural Blonde. I even registered with this site, the moment I saw evidence of the topic.

Anyway, one thing I'm the most curious about is playing an acoustic-electric 4-string bass through the Natural Blonde. There's been a lot of talk of people trying to play EB's or UB's through the Nat. Blonde. However, I've been having trouble parsing through the chat to figure out if anyone hooked up an AEB. The Larrivee I have has an active Fishman pup set up. I'm not really worried about the volume issue I've read about. I'm far from being a paid pro and see my main concern being tone and clarity when jamming with friends--two acoustic guitars have drowned me out in the past.

So what kind of advice/suggestions/wisdom do you guys on my situation? Presently, I'm chomping at the bit just thinking about maybe finding the perfect amp for my AEB.

Ciao!
    --Dave E.