1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ChiliPepper, Apr 17, 2010.

1. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    I urinate on the idea that the Lakers are a team and that this championship has any legitimacy.

Yes, I'm a bitter man.

2. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    It will hurt for awhile, but hey, the Sox are only a game back after a horrid injury-ridden start.

3. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    you guys make me so happy. :hyper:

sweet vindication.:cool:

4. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Believe it or not, I understand. 2008 left a real bad taste in my mouth. However, the Celtics were, without question, the best team. The presence of Bynum would not have made any difference because the Lakers were just not good enough. This year they were.

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

5. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I fart in your general direction! :p

6. acid bass

acid bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2010
    I'm a Sacramento fan so I will NEVER EVER EVER give the Lakers credit for anything. However, the game was Boston's to lose and they did that handily. Not only did Kobe shoot below 30%, LA collectively bricked a RIDICULOUS number of freethrows. That crippled the Kings in 2002 and I was convinced it would kill LA, but the Celtics couldn't mount ANY offense and settled for perimeter shots rather than trying to drive hard to the cup. On the other hand, LA driving for the bucket in the 4th is how they drew all those fouls. Some were questionable and Pau did commit the up & down, but the Celtics weren't going to win that game anyways, they just didn't have it.

7. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Whether you give them credit or not, the Lakers are 2009 and 2010 NBA Champions!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

8. acid bass

Apr 2, 2010
    Yes, I certainly can't argue that. I'm just pointing out that LA played bad enough basketball that it was up to Boston to win or lose that game. They happened to play worse ball (quite a bit worse).

9. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Ah! Lakers v Kings...now that was a feud! I still remember the pre-season brawl where Fox chased Christie (or was it Bibby?) then got schooled :meh:

Good times. Does Sacramento still have a team? :p

10. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    In my book the championship has an asterisk*

* - assist from the league.

:spit:

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    You can sit and fester with your asterick, while I sit a relax with my victory beer.

12. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
  13. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
  14. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    PWNED!

15. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Looks like another flop to me...

[​IMG]

16. acid bass

Apr 2, 2010
    :spit:

That was Christie that punched him in the face.

17. despite my general support of the notion that kobe is a dramatic flopper, that one right there seems like bell hooked him on the chin and is actually being pulled down legitimately.