1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: 1996 Korean Ibanez SR500!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BullHorn, Jan 26, 2013.

1. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    I've had 2 SR500 which I loved but ended up selling because they always sounded like a strange version of a Stingray to my ears.

This time, this SR500 was modified, with the Bartolini pups and pre-amp gone and a pair of DiMarzios and just vol+vol+tone+tone and a set of Thomastik Jazz Flats JF344 this Ibby sounds better than both my Precisions at the whole "P with flats" gig.:hyper:

One issue is... I'm allergic to nickle and will have to replace the strings sooner rather than later. :(

Oh, almost forgot pics!

REgyVxb.jpg
    9hSDG6h.jpg

2. 123321

123321 Am Comfortably Dumb...

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    Once again, passive electronics and Thomastik Jazz Flats work their MAGIC!!

3. Bass1965

Bass1965

May 3, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Looks like a player!

4. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Why?

Well, my best bassplayin' friend/modster of choice ever is allergic to nickel as well (I don't) and you display same taste in what's hot n'true in a bass sound! Enjoy!

Congrats my friend

Beautiful (and solid) bass you now got;)

Cheers,
    Wallace

5. Bigfoot92

Bigfoot92

Apr 23, 2011
    Nice bass, congrats. This makes me wish ibanez still made higher level SRs with the flat top and p/j pickups (just a personal cosmetic preference, they look sleek with that configuration IMO!).

6. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    pAi7b6D.jpg

The previous owner replaced one of the tuners but used a "top" side rather than a "bottom".

I need to find a fitting replacement, I don't like the way the string is sitting. Help? :)

-EDIT: will a Gotoh GB7 (14mm or 9/16") fit?
    GB7RB.jpg

7. pica

pica

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Mazel Tov... Looks like a great bass. Enjoy.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021