NBD: BT Precision Fender - It’s killer, unreal

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 19sixty3, May 11, 2019.

1. 19sixty3

19sixty3

Mar 13, 2019
    Goslar, Germany
    4E17488E-A9E4-43CF-9861-82859E338FCA.jpeg 5C2783E9-0C6B-4C56-AB88-AF111928D713.jpeg I purchased this beauty a few days ago in Moscow, Russia. The bass is in a mint, almost new condition, and am loving it to death!

The tone of this bad girl is UNREAL...!!!

Downright rude with a very nasty attitude. Perfect for the heavier rock I am used to play.

Do not really understand why the Blacktops have experienced so little love. Yes, not as versatile as the one or the other active bass. Maybe one can even say, a "one trick pony". Okay. But this one trick she masters perfectly!

J_Bass, petch and One Way like this.
  2. Eilif

Eilif Grooving under the MDW runway.

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Nice bass. I wouldn't call it a 1 trick pony at all.
    As for the lack of interest, Fender fans (and the Fender company it seems) just have a limited attention span for instruments that deviate from classic models configurations. They make allot of them but if you see one you like buy it because it might not be around long.

19sixty3 likes this.
  3. 19sixty3

19sixty3

Mar 13, 2019
    Goslar, Germany
    Thank you. You are most likely right. Just came to my mind, an explanation could be as well, how many bass players have really ever had a Blacktop P or J in their hands ...? Over here in Europe, this things were extremely rare. At that time I had looked specifically for a Blacktop P or J. No success. The same happened to me with the Fender Standard Dimension bass! No chance to play in any shop in the greater Frankfurt/Main area. Never even seen one.

4. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Beautiful bass! If you get a chance, post a sound clip.

Are the controls VVT? Or is there a way to split the pickups for single coil sounds?

I think if I had designed that, I'd have included a couple of push/pull pots - did they?

19sixty3 and Rabidhamster like this.
  5. 19sixty3

19sixty3

Mar 13, 2019
    Goslar, Germany
    Thank you dude. Yes, the controls are VVT. I thought about it to rewire her with master volume, means push/pull coil tapping for the neck humbucker and blend and master tone, means push/pull for coil tapping for the bridge humbucker. But finally I will leave her all stock. I get all the tones I need the way it is. Yeap, I will gladly post sound clips here shortly.