NBD, Fender Ultra Jazz.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scottm, Nov 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    Hi, what does your bass weigh?

Jinobass1 likes this.
  2. BassComa

BassComa

Dec 7, 2019
    I bought the Elite P-bass about two months ago so i don´t really need another bass, but if/when Fender release an Ultra P-bass in the Texas Tea color with a maple board neck i will buy one directly. Texas Tea looks gorgeous.

I wish Fender could release Ultra P and Ultra J basses with the same color options instead of todays mix.

3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Ultra ? I like Michelob Ultra, maybe I'll
    like the Ultra bass. lol
    Enjoy!

Paula Warren and scottm like this.
  4. BassComa

BassComa

Dec 7, 2019
    I bought a Jazz Bass, Ultra with Texas Tea color as well. It plays well and it sounds well. Not as sterile as my Elite P-bass. The only downside i have found is that the neck seems to need to be shimmed to please my low string height urges. Will do adjustements later today and see how it goes. Will probably replace the microphones with Dimarzio Model J´s.

Gotta love the look of this bass. :thumbsup:

Bass-01.jpg
    Bass-02.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Robert B

Robert B Somewhere under the rainbow Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Rittman, OH, USA
    You really have to see this finish in person to appreciate it. The photos just don't do it justice. It's stunning!

6. Jinobass1

Jinobass1

Oct 30, 2013
    Less than 4KG!

chris_b likes this.
  7. Phil Adkins

Phil Adkins

Jan 4, 2020
    Compared to the Fender am pro with string thought bridge, does it have the same sustain?

8. yogibarrister

yogibarrister

Dec 29, 2017
    I adore my Ultra.. Also got the Texas Tea. Lots of controls compared to some of my other basses, but so far, I have got everything one of my favorite sounds out of this guitar.

9. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    EBF5A030-F137-4DB8-8BFA-2A300DFEE44D.jpeg A353AB1D-A5BB-47C4-900C-66B1419BEE5E.jpeg I have owned both the Elite and have had my Ultra for about a year. I liked the Elite. It was a fine bass. The Ultra has a thicker sound and came with the things I was looking for. Mainly the sound did it for me though. I’m also an ash body person. These will stay with me for life and I have bought and sold a lot of basses so that testifies how much I like them. Some pics for visual effect.

Jinobass1, TrevorG, Corigan and 2 others like this.
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Nice bass. Congrats.

Bassndrums73 likes this.
  11. TrevorG

TrevorG Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2012
    U.K.
    Had my Ultra P for a year and a half now and feel the same way as you. Actually toying with a five string Ultra or a maple finger board like yours - which looks fabulous by the way!!!

Bassndrums73 likes this.
  12. yogibarrister

yogibarrister

Dec 29, 2017
    Take of two Jazzes.

Attached Files:

scottm likes this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021