1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: G&L Kiloton Tribute. Finally!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by perkingbass, Dec 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. perkingbass

perkingbass

Oct 16, 2018
    Europe
    Well, Hello there! (This is a little storytime). As you probably didn’t know, a while ago I posted a thread asking for advice on which bass to get. The thread agreed on the SB-2 Tribute, and after a painfully long delivery time, I went to the shop. And the bass was great. There was one problem though. The thrussrod bolt was rounded, and the seller wouldn’t sell it because of that. But, then he offered me the Kiloton at a little discount (the price then became about 25 dollars less than a SB-2). I played it, then bought it.

(Review time)
    (In a non professional way)
    For those who haven’t tried it, the feel of how it plays is very similar to the SB-2. The neck and body is both the same shape. The difference however is in the sound and electronics. The pickup is a humbucker instead of a split coil and a jazz bridge pickup. The SB-2 has two volume controls, and the Kiloton has one volume, one tone, and a three way switch, acting by boosting or cutting mostly the lows. I love the wood under the Irish ale finish, (it is some kind of ash), it works great with the neck. I am currently not sure about the look of the pick guard

I play through a rumble 100 v3.

This works great for me, because the reasons I liked the SB-2 is the same for the Kiloton. The playability. The sound is for me, less important, at least in this case.

Now for some pictures!

2ECBD5B6-A1A5-47EB-8C57-2AB47D7353C3.
    A94AE032-E00F-4C0C-9BDE-CA83C7C2C35C.
    1E24A82E-A98F-42AF-A550-E3E279D093D4.
    0DEE823D-D67E-4888-8EBD-434CAEBA372A.
    925BF0FA-C5C3-428E-8FCB-CA3B6CB6F79D.
    The quality and lighting is just ok, but it will have to do.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Luigir and alanloomis1980 like this.
  2. Swingin

Swingin Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2018
    I’m glad you’re digging it! I got one myself recently and have been meaning to post about it. Kilotons rock.

perkingbass likes this.