1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD-Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vmabus, May 8, 2015.

1. vmabus

vmabus

Nov 1, 2013
    7200'
    I received a small bonus for unused vacation, so I spent it on bass stuff (of course).
    1994 SR1200:
    maple body with through neck
    Audere 4-band pre
    unmarked pickups
    The fretboard is kinda beat up, with gouges from inept fret filing, but the neck is straight. The GC page didn't give any details, but I could see the pickups and pre had been replaced, so I took a chance. The sound is glorious! Whatever these pickups are, they certainly work!

2012 GWB35
    This is as manufactured. There is some gouging of the fingerboard from rounds, and I may try filling with CA, but the pits are not deep enough to bother me. I was thinking about a replacement pu, but the Ibby really sounds good, and not like any of my other basses. DSCN0239.JPG DSCN0240.JPG DSCN0241.JPG DSCN0242.JPG

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  2. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Good work, fella.

vmabus likes this.
  3. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Tell me more about the GWB35. It seems pretty stripped down to basics.

4. vmabus

vmabus

Nov 1, 2013
    7200'
    Yep. It's the mass-produced version of the Gary Willis Signature model. Instead of the custom Bartolini, it has a custom Ibanez pu. Ebanol fingerboard, single pickup, active 2-band pre, and basswood body. Really produces the jazz "quack." but can deliver other tones by varying right hand position. I don't care for rounds, and the black ribbons seem to fit aesthetically. The three-piece maple neck is a little slimmer than the regular SR neck, which I like, but might not suit everyone. $799 new, $400-500 used.

wintremute likes this.