1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD! Mayones Custom Shop MBC Gothic Slogan 5 String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkHead, Aug 27, 2018.

1. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I have been trying to find the perfect 5 string for many years. Well I finally succeeded with this Mayones Slogan. I worked with Zjon's Guitarstore in the Netherlands and they went above and beyond in every way to deliver me an amazing Machine.
    Some Pictures; Aguilar Slogan. Aguilar Slogan2. Aguilar Slogan3. Aguilar Slogan4. Aguilar Slogan5. Aguilar Slogan6. Aguilar Slogan7. Aguilar Slogan8. Aguilar Slogan9. Aguilar Slogan10. Aguilar Slogan11. Aguilar Slogan12. Aguilar Slogan13. Aguilar Slogan14. Aguilar Slogan15. Aguilar Slogan16.

2. Those Mayones basses are just awesome! Way out of my budget over here in Canada, though.

FunkHead likes this.
  3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

couldn't imagine a nicer looking ax! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

4. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks, I am pretty stoked.
    I had some "Sticker shock" on the prices here too. If you can swing it, it's worth every penny.

5. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    I like it.
    Are the two screws that hold the tailpiece down machined and screwed into an insert?

6. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Great question, I am going to find out. This bass is solid. It’s light and balanced yet has such punch. It’s a bit like my old Pedulla ET5.

BASSKADET likes this.
  7. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    On a side note: The switch is for active/passive and you can stay plugged in and not kill batteries. Just switched to passive. controls_custom.

8. Looks great - what's the wood used for the body?

9. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    made with hand sculptured ash body, through maple/mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard and decked out with the latest Aguilar DCB dual coil pickups and OBP 3 band preamp.

10. That’s real nice! Congrats!

FunkHead likes this.
  11. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks!

Matthew_84 likes this.
  12. Resonance129

Resonance129

Feb 15, 2011
    Georgia
    That is a nice looking bass. I don't know a ton about Mayones (only heard the brand name before), but I'm on their website right this second.
    Congrats on finding a good one.

13. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Now that's a great looking bass!!!!

Congrats!

FunkHead likes this.
  14. Yay!!! You can tell it's a high quality bass just by looking.

FunkHead likes this.
  15. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks, it truly is s masterpiece. Zjon’s Guitarstore in Netherlands with get a great price for you. He got mine here in a couple of days.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  16. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks, I love it.

17. selowitch

selowitch

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Astounding. That's a quality level I have yet to personally touch or play. I'm not sure I dare.
    Congratulations! With great power comes great responsibility, man.

jamro217, micbass and bhoff5150 like this.
  18. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks. I will do my best to do it justice at my gig on Saturday.

19. Most active basses drain your battery in passive mode if you leave them plugged in. It is good to see a bass which doesn't.

FunkHead likes this.
  20. Killer bass with a killer package.

Congrats!