1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - MIJ 60's Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kitsapbass, May 1, 2010.

1. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    Well, I just got a new bass...a MIJ 60's reissue J bass in White...so I'll be posting pics soon (like when the wife gets back with the digital camera). It's got a REALLY nice feel - in fact, I'll probably be making it my new 4 string of choice...

2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    cool, can't wait to see your pics, i just have the basswood 62 ri black body loaded with 62 us pickups, no neck right now though

3. Hope you love yours as much as I do mine. I got the sunburst from a guy in Nashville, used, but still awesome.

4. WaskoDS

WaskoDS

Nov 22, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    Where the hell's your wife been the last two months? :ninja:

5. faniez

faniez

May 31, 2009
    dude, maybe you should go and look for your wife hahahaha

6. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    Guys, I'm sorry...I completely forgot about this thread...pics are upcoming (as in, right after I download them onto my computer...)

7. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    Pics!!!!

IMG_2895.

IMG_2894.

and one of my boys, who wanted to get in on the act...

IMG_2896.

8. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Nice bass!

Technically, I'm pretty sure, not a 62 Reissue though, but a standard Jazz Made In Japan.

Still a GREAT bass! I don't think there's any difference between the 62 RI and the standard, besides a headstock decal. My 62 RI had a headstock decal like this...

Picture003.

9. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I'm inclined to agree actually - the only thing that makes me think it's a 60s reissue (not a 62) is the ground strip...I've never seen a MIJ with a ground strip that wasn't. All I know is its the best playing 4 string I've had in a while...

10. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Absolutely. The grounding strip is usually a dead giveaway for the 62 Reissue. I don't know enough about MIJ Fenders to say what's what...

Still great bass though. The 80's Japanese Fenders rival the 80's MIA Fenders VERY closely IMO. It's hard to tell them apart in a blind test/

11. back in the day on the fender forum, i remember these being referred to as mijitso 62 ri.

(made in japan in the style of)