1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Sadowsky MV4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soxhats, Aug 20, 2012.

1. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    In late 2009, I bought a beautiful new Sadowsky RV4 Metro (Lake Placid Blue). For reasons I thought made sense at the time, but which didn't then or now, I sold the bass a year later. How I missed the Sadowsky thing -- the tone, the palpable feeling of high quality.

Today, my mistake was corrected, when an MV4 Metro arrived. Used/excellent condition from Jim Rubio at Atlanta Bass Gallery. What a surprise (not) -- intonation is spot on, action is wonderfully low (maybe a slight tad too low, I'll raise a smidge). Wow does she sound great... the sound I missed. About to replace the battery (better safe than sorry) and change the strings (currently nickels, not sure what kind exactly) to Sadowsky blue label steels. Also will install a de-tuner tonight. And then the bass begins its career as my main bass in a busy hard rock/classic rock cover band I recently joined.

Ain't she a beauty?

2. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Beautiful bass brother!
    Maybe one day I will have a Sadowsky...

3. Very nice! You can never go wrong with black and maple.

4. Is it an ash body? That should be mandatory (70's pup spacing, too) with ALL J-Basses. And, if you don't get an ash body, you should get stoned by all of the torch-carrying TB'ers, and your local townspeople.

5. soxhats

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks, all!... @Millsbass5: Oh yes, it is ash. The MV4s have 60's p'up spacing.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Rock it hard, enjoy! :bassist:

7. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

Great bass! Only a matter of time until I get another Sadowsky.

8. soxhats

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks again, guys. I had to sell a couple of basses (an EBMM Classic Sterling and a Jerry Jones Longhorn) to make this happen, but worth it for me.

9. looks great, I've been jonesing for a Sadowsky lately, just got no money for one!

10. soxhats

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks. Hey, have you seen this? Get a towel... the drooling will be uncontrollable:

11. yeah, I saw that! :)

12. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Sweet bass sox!

13. soxhats

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks, bro. Took her to rehearsal last night. Ooo ahh. First gig with her this Saturday night.