NCAA Football 2011 - Week 7

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eublet, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Season is officially half over. Good grief, it happens so fast every year.

Heading to the airport for a quick trip to Orlando and UCF for business. Not quite the same as being in Tuscaloosa, but least I'll be on a college campus for a couple days.

So any games worth watching this week or what? :D

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Maybe the Gators have a chance this weekend. Who knows who the QB will be. Perhaps Kerwin Bell has a year of eligibility left?

Stanford/WSU will be fun to watch as will Oregon/Arizona State.

-Mike

3. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Heh. I hope it's Brissett rather than Driskell. He showed poise in the pocket, he stepped up away from the pressure and made a few nice throws. It's hard to get a read on Auburn, but if everyone's healthy other than Brantley I think UF has a decent shot. Bama and LSU look so much better to me than anyone else in the SEC.

4. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    It didn't seem that way at the game this weekend. The stadium was about as ho-hum as I've ever seen it. I think most everyone, the team included, expected just to show up and walk over Vandy. Of course, that is actually what happened but still we didn't have that killer instinct. I'm sure we'll be up for the LSU game, but I fear we'll digress a bit as a team the next few weeks such that we aren't ready on Nov. 5th. I hope we didn't peak to early for the Gators.

5. yeah...ok... JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!

davesignatureII.gif

6. Spoken like a true fan. Seriously, not a diss in any way.

7. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Big XII this week:

Oklahoma at Kansas. I'm guessing the spread will be -35.5 in OU's favor by Wednesday.

Baylor at Texas A&M. This should be pretty good, especially considering A&M's embarrassing performances with OK State and Arkansas.

Kansas State at Texas Tech. K State has really been a pleasant surprise so I'm expecting them to beat the stuffing out of the Raiders.

Oklahoma State at Texas. Can't both teams lose? :D This one should also be good, since A. OK State wants to prove they deserve to be in the Top 10 and B. Texas is going to want redemption for last week.

Iowa State at Mizzou. Mizzou will win, since they seem to only be able to win at home and Iowa State can't seem to win in conference.

LSU-Tennessee and Bama-Ole Miss will both be snoozefests.
    Indiana-Wisconsin might be surprisiahahahaha who am I kidding? Wisconsin's at home and they're going to rout.
    Boise State-Colorado St. BS' typical "play 2 tough teams and a lot of fluff" BS again. Pass.
    Arizona State-Oregon. ASU has really been disappointing and Oregon has been playing uphill since their loss to LSU. Ducks by a mile.
    Florida-Auburn. This would have been a good game last year.

8. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    GatorSports.com is reporting that as of today it is Brisset, according to Muschamp.

-Mike

9. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    I've been hearing that for 21 years now, and only once has Vandy actually delivered on that promise...

In other news, I'll be Knoxville bound around lunchtime on Friday. Should be a giid game and weekend.

10. Sorry MJ, not on the Plains! I would love this win especially living in Jacksonville. The Cardiac Cats win in dramatic fashion once again.

Florida - 24
    Auburn -28

11. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    How did I miss until now that Spurrier kicked Garcia to the curb? I'm surprised Spurrier let him around as long as he did, but sad for Garcia to blow his opportunity like he has. Sad may not be the right word since Garcia has been busted multiple times while at SC. The guy is obviously obstinate and hard headed. Maybe he'll learn some humility from this. I hope so.

-Mike

12. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Yeah. Sounds like he's either very immature, or he has an addictive personality. He has to be embarrassed by all this.

13. Tendril

Tendril

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I predict the Vols will be beaten like a rented mule this week.

14. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

The Wolverines are at a show me again game. Coming back from a deficit was a welcome change last week. Beating the other boys from Michigan will be a true test of this teams ranking. It's been fun so far but the Wolverines are the 2nd best in the Big 10 and maybe third best until they beat rival MSU... That run D is intimidating.

15. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    All clear in Auburn related to the Cam Newton investigation. NCAA finds no major violations against Auburn regarding Cam Newton - ESPN

Of course, that doesn't mean the NCAA won't open another investigation again sometime in the future. Best thing for Auburn now is to lose to Florida on Saturday and disappear into mediocrity, then the NCAA will leave them alone for good.

-Mike

16. vbsurfer3001

vbsurfer3001

Jul 25, 2005
    VB,VA
    Nooooooooo! Need Auburn to keep on winning, along with FSU & VT :) that helps Clemson's power ranking!

17. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Auburn can will all they want...after this Saturday. :D

-Mike

18. All of my friends here in Jax are Gator fans and i'll be partying with about 30 Gator fans for the game. So if you don't see me post for a while then, well, you'll know what happened. :ninja:

19. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    LOL. This should be a pretty interesting game, no idea what's gonna happen.

20. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Interesting. I'll be watching the game with three Auburn fans.

-Mike

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021