1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCAA Week 4

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr Stankface, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Auburn vs. LSU
    This game can really go either way. Both teams don't have a great passing game and both have good run game. Although, both have strong defenses. It's going to be a battle. I can't decided a winner but I think it's going to come down to a clutch field goal.

Florida vs. Tennessee
    Florida just looks too good. 35-10 Gators.

Georgia vs. Arizona State
    After a loss to UNLV, I don't see Arizona State making a huge impact on that stout Georgia defense. 28-7 Dawgs.

Alabama vs. Arkansas
    This is the SEC and anything could happen but I don't see much going for Arkansas in this game. 31-3 Alabama.

South Carolina vs. Wofford
    Who the hell is Wofford? 24-7 Gamecocks

Post your predictions. :)

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The third Saturday in September!!!!! It's finally here, the annual UT beatdown. I can't stand the Vol's. I'll be watching the game with my "friend" from Knoxville. Since the game is at Neyland, we are watching it at her house. She feels it will be some kind of advantage. Poor thing....the beatdown will commence at 12:30PM out here in Washington. I ca't wait.

-Mike

3. I can't wait to watch the Gators as well on Saturday. After Auburn, i've always been a Gators fan.

I can't wait for LSU to play the Gators next month. Those tigers will be gator bait. :)

4. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I like Auburn. I remember watching them back in the late 80's and early 90's. They had some good teams with Reggie Slack.....Bo.....Rocker....Aundray, and all those RB's. Remember Brent Fullwood and Tommie Agee? Kendall Simmons of my beloved Steelers is from Auburn I believe.

A guy I used to work with is from Alabama, and grew up going to Auburn games. He comes over to watch the UF/Auburn game when we play you guys. His step-dad is a football season ticket holder. He said the next time UF plays at Auburn, he'll take me to the game if I fly into town. So I guess the next time we come to Auburn, I'll be there.

-Mike

5. If Auburn shows up looking like they did against MSU, the clutch field goal will be the only 3 points the THANKSGIVING TURKEYS! will post all game long. And their defense is not facing Sly Croom's creaky "offense" either, so don't think it'll be a 3 point win after the singular field goal:

Auburn 3
    LSU 24

I doubt Tennessee puts up the 10 points. I HOPE they beat Florida and shut up all the Gay-tor fans, but they won't:

Florida 24
    Tennessee 6

The Dawgs were pretty unimpressive last week against the "other USC", I think it'll P!$$ 'em off:

Georgia 35
    Arizona State 10

Ugh. I hate Saban, and wish no good to come to him or any team he is associated with. That said, Arkansas won't win this one:

Alabama 24
    Arkansas 10

The Wofford Terriers are the team that took Appalachain State University out of the Top 25 last year, they won the week after ASU beat Michigan. Falling asleep on them would be a mistake. Spurrier, despite my opinion of him as a person, is too good of a coach to make the mistake of letting his team sleepwalk into this one:

USC 31
    Wofford 14

6. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I'm thinking Bucky can take down Michigan handily.

Bucky 34
    Michigan 21

7. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Well, if my rebuilding Irish could put a hurting on Michigan, I don't think the Bucks are going to have a problem. I wouldn't play Beanie Wells for this game, I would give him another week.

On to my favorite Team..... Go Irish

Fighting Irish 17

Michigan State 24

:crying:

Go Irish!!!

8. Oh how I would love it if Troy took down Ohio State. :)

9. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Auburn vs. LSU
    Almost too close to call. I'll say 24-21, LSU gets the W.

Florida vs. Tennessee
    As much as I'm a Tennessee fan, I'm not going to sugar coat it although I think it will be way closer than last years game. I think it'll be similiar to 2006, Florida wins 42-35

Georgia vs. Arizona State
    Simple, Georgia wins 42-17.

Alabama vs. Arkansas
    I think it will be a low scoring game, 14-0 Alabama.

South Carolina vs. Wofford
    35-3 Gamecocks.

10. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Bucky = Wisconsin; Buckeye = Ohio State. Puhleeeeze!

GO BUCKY (Bucky Badger that is)

11. Anyone been watching the Kansas State vs. Louisville game? It's been pretty good.

12. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Crap, I forgot it was on.

It figures, the two games I'm most interested in watching this weekend (Auburn-LSU, Georgia-ASU) kick within a half-hour of each other; I guess the clicker will get a workout. I'm hoping we get Boise State-Oregon early.

13. It was a pretty good game. That receiver for Kansas State (5' 7" 142 lbs. Ironically the exact same size as me) is a beast.

14. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Never heard that size and the word beast in the same sentence. :smug:

15. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah, you guys should be about used to the Gators kicking your butt on the third Saturday of September now. But hey, anyone who has to deal with Fulmer as their coach needs to be cut a break. I'll spare you the funny pictures, and wait until Saterday night.

:D

-Mike

16. Just be glad y'all don't play us this year. I'm not sure y'all could handle another let down. That kick (well, THOSE kicks) really were a magical moment in the swamp.

;) I kid, I kid. I'm a Gators fan second and hope they beat the daylights out the Vols. :D

17. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm going to split the difference between yours and Dr. S's optimism on this one. I think Auburn's offense wakes up and cuts down on the turnovers, but still falls short.

Auburn 16
    LSU 24
    *fixed that one word so it looks like someone older than 12 wrote the post*;)

I'm coming into this game with my usual "we haven't played an SEC game yet, we don't fully know what we're made of" cautiousness. Our D does look great, but I'm underwhelmed by the offense--we should have busted out sooner against Miami. Expect to see a whole lotta Harvin this time.

Florida 24
    Tennersee (heh) 13
    Agreed. UGA's running game is likely to push these guys around. Knowshon (arrrgghh, I hate that name!) goes knuts.

Georgia 34
    ASU 13
    Agreed again. That lying pus-bag wins this one going away.

Bama 28
    Arky 14
    Despite their beating App in a letdown game last year, it's hard to expect too much from a team called the Terriers.:D And Spurrier and his players are looking to take out their frustrations.

USC 44
    Wofford 13

18. Everyone tune in to the Colorado vs WV game. Colorado is up on WV 14-0 with 10:10 still left in the first. :p

19. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Hey, maybe a rematch from 2004? It's the SEC it can happen, look at last year. :p

20. I'm more than up for repeating the 2004 season. :D