NCD!!! Schroeder.... me likey...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gustobassman, May 25, 2012.

1. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    It's actually New Cab 3rd Day, but after 2 nights of rehearsal i got to gig it last night, so i think today was a better time to discuss.

A new Schroeder 212PL!! :hyper:

I cannot believe something so light has so much beef to it! I used it last night at the gig with my Eden D115XLT and the sound was just HUGE. Not to mention how happy my back was. I used Ampeg 810 and 610 cabs for the last 10 years, and Ampeg 410's before that. I got hooked on Eden stuff last year, and i am stunned that a light cab like the Schro can compete with the "heavyweights"... ha!

I guess because of G.A.S., i'm going to have to take a good long look at the 15PL. Just because... hee hee

The clarity was unreal. My guys both have Marshall 1/2 stacks and the drummer is beyond loud. Way to go Jorg!!

Here's pics of the Schro and the rig at rehearsal...

Attached Files:

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Congrads! I had a 1212R I used for a couple years and dug it. Definitely a different kind of animal, but these cabs are great for loud bands.

3. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    Nice to see some feedback on this one. The 212PL with it's flat baffle, generous port size, and more vertical orientation of the 12's looks like a good design which should have a more even tone profile and better lows than the previous slant baffle designs - not as much of a mid-range bazooka. Good stuff, glad to hear it's working out well. If I were to pick up a Schro this is probably the one I'd go for.

4. gustobassman

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    I honestly didn't know what to expect, but i can tell you that i had clarity in all registers. My '97 Am. Std. Jazz V does not have the tightest B string, but the low D was surprisingly clear when i needed it. The speakers still need to open up a little, but it was warm, round, fat, and..... very light.

5. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    What are the upper mids like in that cab? Is there a hole between the top of the 12's and where the tweeter comes in or is the crossover point low enough that the transition seems pretty even?

6. gustobassman

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    To be honest, i'm not a big fan of tweeters. I haven't experimented with that very much as of yet. We had to rehearse in an hourly studio this week (ours is still being rebuilt from a sewage break :spit:), so i had limited time to really open it up and try different things.

I did make sure it worked properly when i got the cab, just making sure it worked through it's entire range.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021