1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a wine recommendation

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DudeistMonk, Mar 26, 2009.

1. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    I wound up going with a bottle of yellow tail shiraz - cabernet...The store didn't have much selection...it said "enjoy with your favorite pasta dish" right on the label, and I like shiraz's.

It served its purpose :smug:

2. When it comes to chicken, I´m a sucker for chablis. To be perfectly honest I´m a sucker for chablis on all occasions:)

And while I wouldn´t serve wine from box on the first date, you can´t deny that it´s killer to have one on the kitchen table all week!

3. I like how box wines come with a nice silver pillow to crash on.

4. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Castle Rock pinot noir - $12-14.

5. :D

6. this is how wine conversations typically go when i'm involved:

they- 'can you recommend a good bottle of wine for [suchnsuch occasion]?'

me- "wine comes in bottles!?"

hahahaha, never gets old, either.
    seriously, bring a big huge box of port and wake up in someone's piss. this is coming from a veteran of many a box-o-wine challenges who has since all but given up drinking. it's expensive, learned poisoning of your body. but hey, i probably only say that because of the health problems i've faced in more recent times.

7. WildTrkey

WildTrkey Banned

Mar 1, 2009
    I just happen to be typing this from my job at a WINE SHOP. What a coincidence.

8. WildTrkey

WildTrkey Banned

Mar 1, 2009
    Chicken=Macon Villages, Estancia Chardonnay, Murphy Goode Fume Blanc....

I can go all day.

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

waking up in someone's piss is a WHOLE different world from the occasional glass of wine with dinner.

10. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    Personally, I'd reccommend the 1997 Chateau Du Buckfast. A real full flavoured red, with hints of vanilla and Calpol.

11. that's why they call it the box-o-wine challenge. though i believe a light dinner was usually served beforehand. mmm.