Need bass setup in Fort Worth/Dallas area...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by havuk, Aug 20, 2009.

1. havuk

havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    DFW TEXAS
    I have a brand new Spector NS4-H2 coming in next week and may need a setup, I prefer the lowest action I can get.

Does anyone know of a good shop or individual to take a bass to for a top notch setup? t may not need one depending on how Spector ships these out.

2. havuk

havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    DFW TEXAS
    kinda surprised no one had any recommendations..

3. There is a place in the HEB area at 183 and Brown. I can't recall the name, but I've heard several people rave about his work. I've never used him myself though.

4. havuk

havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    DFW TEXAS
    hey i live a few miles from that area, now to find out who you speak of ;)

5. IpseDixit

IpseDixit

Jul 26, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Charley's Guitar Shop (http://charleysguitar.com/) is one of the best-known places to get guitar and amplifier work done in Dallas (partly, but not entirely, because of their history with Stevie Ray Vaughan) and when I took a Fender Twin Reverb in a few years ago they did great work. I'm not 100% sure if they do good bass setups - I was still a guitar player at the time I frequented the place - but it's worth looking into, and they list their prices right on the web site.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021