1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

need help!- Facebook content

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lonesomedave, Jul 24, 2012.

1. a few months ago Facebook said they were going to change my homepage (i guess that's what you call it) and change everyone else's too. facebook said they were changing from a "wall" to a "timeline" whatever that means

i don't like the new setup at all, and i have noticed many of my friends retain the old look.

is there any way i can change it back to the way it used to be.

davesignatureII-1.

2. pmchenry

pmchenry

May 6, 2012
    SE PA
    I'm surprised you've made it this long without being switched. If your friends' pages still have the old layout, it's simply because they haven't been gotten to yet. The timeline swap will eventually effect everyone. (It's already mandatory for the vast majority).

My advice would be to embrace the change, do some searches for creative cover photo ideas, and express yourself.

3. dannylectro

dannylectro

Aug 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    aah...Haha..hahaha...Hahahaha. BWAHAhahahaha!

4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    No.

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Perhaps I did not have a facebook page in the old style long enough to care about my page being switched to timeline style.
    It works for me.

6. i hate timeline, you cannot find anything your looking for, people post on my page and timeline eats it.

and what they're doing to band's pages is ridiculous.. basicly only about 10% of people who liked that band will ever see posts from the band on there wall unless they take extra steps to make sure its always shown.

7. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Another step closer to "improved to death".

8. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I can find anything on timeline. The posts are in chronological order.
    I only ever read whats in my news feed anyway.
    And, there are ways of increasing how many people on your band page see your posts. Theres a thread about it in Band Management, I believe.

9. That's how Facebook has always worked...you've only ever reached about 10% of the folks that have liked your page (that number varies based on a whole host of factors). The only difference now is that they're allowing you to pay to reach more people.

Personally, I like the new timeline (now that I know how to use it).

10. You can't do anything.

11. VitalSigns

VitalSigns

May 8, 2011
    Central NY
    There is a way you can fix this.

Get a Twitter.

:bag:

12. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Someone once told me that you can keep from being switched over to timeline if you don't install any of the apps/games. I don't know if that's true or not (I avoid the apps and games like a plague). I still have the old style. I was under the impression that everyone was going to be switched over to timeline within a couple days' time, but that never happened.

13. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I've still got the old profile. Got the message like everyone else saying it would happen, but I never switched over. :)

14. I dig everything about the timeline layout with the exception of the ridiculous 2 column feed. That has to be the silliest least productive, least organize change they've ever made in terms of the UI on that site. Give it a year or so - they'll change it. They know it's stupid.

15. I hope so...

16. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Why is it stupid and less productive?
    I really dont mind that, myself.

17. I'm not a big fan of timeline. All the band pages have em' and they are pretty annoying. My personal page hasn't switched over cause I read the fine print on the app installations. They always say they are gonna install timeline when you try to use an app.

18. droo46

droo46

Jun 16, 2011
    I feel the same. It's fine except for the two column view. Facebook will continue to change as long it exists.