1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need help finding combo amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gfgfgf, May 30, 2007.

1. gfgfgf

gfgfgf

Apr 27, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    need amp under $500 for small club gigs. style? funky, groovy clean tone, 70's sound. either ebay or stores. I live in toronto, and there're a lot of yorkville amps in stores. I was thinking 200 watts. really want it to be a combo.

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I'd definitely check out the yorkville combos first xm100c (15") or xm200c (15" w/ speaker extension output) the xm50 might be to small if you ever think you might play with drums.

apparently traynor has taken over the manufacturing of the bass line of yorkville products, but I don't think this means the quality has changed??

someone else might know more...

3. tubster

tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    think you answered your own question - the Yorkville stuff is great for the money and you are in Canada and they are too, it's all good - can't go wrong.

If you want to spend more....lots more - epifani, aguilar and euphonic audio and the wonderful Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout.

On the lower end of the price spectrum - Peavey and Carvin.

Just snagged an interesting one - Yamaha BBT 500 115 combo for....???$$$...so so cheap. Interesting amp. The head on closeout is around $350.00.

Alos have a Genz-Benz Neo 400x - super. Good luck

4. tubster

tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    Ohhh...I forgot.....as a long time combo user, I am switching back to a head and cab(s) - just so much more flexible.

Markbass LMII and Avatar for me.

5. IF you can find a used Peavey Databass I would try one of them. I had one of these before I made the move to SWR and was very pleased with it. They are a 15" combo @ 450 Watts RMS. They kick very well!!!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021