1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need Help Identifying these

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fazzball, Apr 7, 2006.

1. fazzball

fazzball

Dec 9, 2005
    Sydney
    Hi people, just trying to id both my old basses i used to use back at school, i cant for to life of me find anywhere on the net that has them. I bought both of them second hand so i dont have any record of them. Any idea what they would be worth? Im sure its not alot. Hope someone will be able to recognise them :tu

t6v5sg.

t6v5ud.

t6v5ux.

2. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I'm guessing the one that says 'Samick' on the headstock is a Samick, but other than that, I dunno.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I liked the Cricket bat in the first picture!! :p

I would like to bet these basses could also be put to that use!! :D

4. fazzball

fazzball

Dec 9, 2005
    Sydney
    yea i got that far. The other one is an ibanez. Obviously i am enquiring about what model samick it is - save the samick bashing please guys i know they have a bad name.

I just want to know what they are so i can reseach the value and have a guideline for selling price on ebay/local paper. I paid $350 for the samick and $300 for the ibanez about 8 years ago. Oh and thats Australian $$.

5. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I figured as much, I was just yankin your chain. Seriously, though, beyond the fact that I don't think either of those are made anymore, I don't know much. I doubt they'd be worth that much, but I can't say fore sure.

I know, I'm a lot of help.:meh:

6. fazzball

fazzball

Dec 9, 2005
    Sydney

yea i knew id cope some sort of heat for posting photos of a samick amongst all these other exotic beauties, i just want to know how much to expect since im obviously in need of an upgrade and im a student so im broke. :crying:

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Maybe advertise a price slightly higher than they warrant, and say "OBO". Then let people make offers, and see what you get after a couple of weeks. You'll probably end up getting a "fair" price that way.

8. fazzball

fazzball

Dec 9, 2005
    Sydney

yea i guess thats the best i can do. Thanks mate.

9. Hey man - Im from Australia too and have owned both those models (albiet over 15 years ago).I think I paid about $600 - $700 new for a 5 string version of the Ibanez (check www.ibanezregister.com for info.They were the CT model).The Samick was my 1st 5 string bass but I bought mine second hand and it was in crap condition.I'm guessing you vcould get about $300-$400 AUD for each if yer lucky and they are in good playing condition.
    Hope that helps.

10. fazzball

fazzball

Dec 9, 2005
    Sydney

Wow really??! I thought the ibanez was really really cheap. I am getting a crazy deal on a variax so i need to see these.
    Thanks for the advice man, really appreciate it.

11. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I'm really diggin' that Samick body. What model is it?

12. -Sam-

-Sam-

Oct 5, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I think thats the point??;) :D

13. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    That's why I asked again because it seems nobody wants to answer.:help:

14. fazzball

fazzball

Dec 9, 2005
    Sydney
    I was reading reviews at harmonycentral and it seems like the closest thing i have found that it could be so far is Samick YBE5, any idea how i could verify this though?

A google search of YBE5 doesnt yield any results :crying:

15. beadgc

beadgc

Oct 10, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
  16. fazzball

fazzball

Dec 9, 2005
    Sydney