Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need opinions/comparisons on EA CXL-210 vs. NL-210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vicenzajay, Mar 12, 2006.

1. O.K.

I've been waiting a while (read: six months) to add an EA 2x10 to completely round out my cab selection. I've been wanting a 4-ohm NL-210, but when one went up for sale in the classifieds, I was the first responder to the advertisement - yet I never heard anything back (pm or otherwise), and in the past few days have found out that it was sold to Tombowlus. No hard feelings - just would have loved to have heard something as I thought I had posted/pm'd first on it.

Anyway, this aside, I might have a chance to get the CXL-210(used and minty) instead, and I'd love any advice, comparisons, what have you. NL-210's just don't come around often used, and I can't justify a grand on a 2x10 right now.

Appreciate any input from anyone who has used or still uses the CXL cab.

Thanks,
    Jay

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm sorry, Jay. I did not know anything about that. :meh:

But, it it helps at all, here is my most recent 2x10 shootout, which includes comparisons of the VL-210, CxL-210 and NL-210.

Again, my apologies. :(

Tom.

3. Wow, the specs on the EA site archives listed 24 kilos as the weight - 53-54 pounds I could do, but 80 pounds do not interest me in the slightest.

Thanks,
    Jay

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    it happens... :(