Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Opinions on my band's new website

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Palomorado, Jul 18, 2004.

1. my band's website is in the last stages of development.
    we have no tunes on it and just a few pics.

need your opinions on layout, artwork, navigation, etc...

and if any of you are in the NYC area come check us out.
    our singer rips, guitar player has NO EGO, drummer is killer, and
    i play bass and Chapman Stick.

http://www.aikostarmusic.com

2. Brat

Brat

Jun 4, 2004
    NW Indiana.
    I like the whole layout. =D Im not sure if it was on there or not, but you should say that the site uses flash.

3. so you think we should add an HTML version?

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    maybe thats a good idea, people with smallband might have problems visiting the site..

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Nice design. I like how the pages are semitransparent.

What's the music sound like?

6. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    My only problem is that the text is really small and doesn't stand out very much. I had to look for a bit to see the "click to enter" sign. I'd make it a little more readable, if you know what I mean. Also, I agree on the HTML part too, I'm on a T3 line and for some reason it took a while to load.

That being said, the design is really cool, whoever designed it knew what they were doing. Good work.

7. thanks,

our guitar player did all of the work.
    we are trying to get as much feedback on it.

as for the music, it's heavy-melodic rock.
    kind of Radiohead meats Tool with a little Crimson
    on the side.

8. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    It looks pretty but it's disappointingly light on content. Having to click on the menus to make the information sections fly out is confusing and the end result is a static page. I do like the way the pictures pop up and slip back when you move off them but at present it looks more like a demonstration of what can be done with Flash programming than a usable website.

You've got some good ingredients but they need more preparation and careful cooking...

Wulf

9. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I'd agree with the comment about some of the text getting a little garbled once it all loads up. Can't wait to see it when there's some more content. I like the look, nice artistic aesthetic to it.

I am of the 'as little Flash as possible' school, but what do I know?

Looking forward to hearing your music when the CD is done.
    I don't suppose your drummer uses Vdrums, eh? That'd be too much of a concidence!

10. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    It looks good, but I'm not a fan of the overlapping pages, personally. Kind of clutters things, making it a bit too "busy".

We are in the process of redesigning ours and I can't wait.

11. Cool, but the site experienced a bit of slow down. It might be my computer (it sure isn't my connection speed) but it was a little choppy and slow. I think a html only complementary site would be a good idea.

12. 80% of the Internet world still only have dial-up connections. Do it over in html and you'll have alot more feedback. People usually close the browser if something doesn't come up in 5 seconds.

13. Thanks for the feedback guys...
    alot of good suggestions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xush, our drummer has a V-Session kit and a Handsonic...

14. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    ha, crazy! The similarities continue.

We HAVE to gig together!