Need quick help if possible about Jaco's Biography, if you own it

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by 5intheface, May 23, 2005.

1. 5intheface

Dec 18, 2004
    I don't own the book but I read it and enjoyed it. So much though that i wish to share an excerpt with my english class tomorrow. I would like to read them the part when Jaco introdues himself to Joe Zwavinul as "The greatest ****ing bass player in the world"

But the problem is that I don't own the book and can't get a copy in time for tomorrow, so does anyone know a site where that may be quoted or own it and not mind typing it up? You would just need those first few paragraphs of the chapter where he talks about Jaco going up to Joe and stuff.

I realize it's alot to ask especially for somebody that no one likes, but I would REALLY appreciate it if someone helped me out with this......Thank you in advance.
  2. Outside the soundcheck, Zawinul was standing on the corner of the theater when he was approached by "this skinny kid with long hair and wild clothes."* "The day I met him he walks up to me and says, 'I'm John Francis Pastorius III and I'm the greatest bass player in the world.'* And I said to him, 'Get the **** outta here!'"
  3. 5intheface

Dec 18, 2004
    Thank you so much!

Sorry to pick at it, but perhaps could you quote tothe part where Joe says he really was the best bass player he'd ever heard? Or was that a differant part.

Either way I can't thank you enough.
  4. Sorry, not sure about that part, a lot of people said jaco was the greatest, lol.
    Hope your reading to ur class went well.
    catchya laters.