1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some speaker cab advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass7858, Mar 3, 2010.

1. bass7858

bass7858

Apr 11, 2009
    central florida
    Hi all,
    I have 2- 8 ohm delta 12lfa's. They r currently loaded in a Schroeder 2x12 cab. As most of u already know, In Jorgs 2x12 one speaker fires forward and the 2 nd is mounted at an angle behind the front baffle. There is VERY little room or volume for low freqs to develope in this cab. The 12 lfa is not the spaker Schroeder recommends for the cab and i can see why. With 12 lfa u can play loud as hell but really have to max the low freaks of the amp to get any oomph out of it.
    I am convinced i need a cab with more volume to get the very best out of these speakers.
    Would love to have any advice on particular cab designs or ideas. i dont have any woodworking capabilties or tools so i'd need to buy a "built" cab.
    thanks for any help:help:

2. PauliePower

PauliePower

Dec 9, 2008
    Reading, UK
    From my point of view, an easier solution would be to sell your existing speakers and get the recommended ones for your 2x12, whatever they are. You've already got the box, and it'll definitely make it sound better.

3. I'll take the empty box if you decide to pull the speakers out and load a different box with them... Seriously though... I have money waiting.

4. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The speakers Schroeder recommends need a lot of eq to get serious lows too. I'd just sell the cab and buy something different. LDS could build you a nice empty one with a midrange driver, perhaps, if you're set on using those speakers.

5. bass7858

bass7858

Apr 11, 2009
    central florida
    Just got off the phone with Don @LDS. NICE GUY!! very helpful!! He's familiar with the delta 12 LFA's and gonna hook me up with a 2x12 cab with proper volume for the speakers and either an 8 in or 6.5 in mid driver w/passive crossover.
    Reasonable price and shipping aint bad either!!
    UH......who was the guy who wanted the Schroeder 1212 cab sans speakers? i have the cover for it too. It has carpet covering. it also has no tweeter or crossover. can send pics if interested.

6. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    There you go, :) I'd go with a 6.5 for the 12LFAs. use a 6nd410, a b&c 6md38 or a closed back alphalite 6cmbr possibly.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020